• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** West Indies in England Thread

Richard Jenkins

Cricket Spectator
Freddy flintoff will apparently bowl after cortisone treatment. Most docs give this around three or four times, and freddies had................15 treatments. Mmm . Permacrocked Freddy.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I was expecting him to come straight into Lara, but as he hasn't, I expect a couple more overs from one end, then give him 7 or 8 at the end of the day.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Vaughan had the same thought...Harmison bowled the 32nd and gets hit for six runs (with a leg-bye) - doesn't look too good though...

Giles moves his career average below 40, at least. About as successful as most Sri Lankan seamers at this rate. ;)

Edit: Who bribed Harper? That's another wicket he's gifted to Giles, apparently.

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Needless to say Darryl Hair appears intent on being a star today. I guess he realizes that the West Indies is already the overwhelming favourite to win this series so he's doing his best to help us out. No wait...

On a lighter note, Bravo played a lovely shot to his first ball in Test cricket.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
tooextracool said:
well it must be a blatant turner....we all know that finger spinners can bowl well unless they are.
Giles has bowled very well, but his success has been rather more Harper-related than pitch-related.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
No doubt about Devon Smith's wicket, surely? And most people would be pleased with 1/41 from Giles (although, admittedly, he wouldn't have bowled these last overs...which might have been good for England, because he's overbowling IMO - bring Jones back and see what he can do)

Last edited:

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Pretty good day for the Windies, if not for those two decisions it would have been a great day. Dwayne Bravo looked very solid against the pace bowlers, got behind the line well, played some nice drives and flicks of the pads. Disappointed that Sarwan missed out, :( England worked him out well though. Chris Gayle needs dancing lessons. Got a bad decision, but hardly moved his feet to Giles. Lara has every reason to feel aggrieved by that decision. :no:

badgerhair

U19 Vice-Captain
Adamc said:
Lara has every reason to feel aggrieved by that decision. :no:
He only has the right to feel aggrieved by that decision if he is equally grateful to Rudy Koertzen for reprieving him on a plumb lbw appeal a few minutes earlier.

Cheers,

Mike

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Needless to say Darryl Hair appears intent on being a star today. I guess he realizes that the West Indies is already the overwhelming favourite to win this series so he's doing his best to help us out. No wait...

To e fair though, the previous over Harmison did trap him what looked suspiciously like LBW.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
chris.hinton said:
Well done Ashley Giles he has Bowled really well and yes i am Shocked
I'm not - he actually bowled pretty well against NZ, and was able to get himself rhythm by bowling a long spell.

Again today he did a fine job, first in slowing the runs, then in picking up 3.

I'm intrigued that nobody mentioned Jones' shocking miss off that Bravo "freak" back-edge.