• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** West Indies in England Thread

Swervy

International Captain
Tom Halsey said:
Goodbye Graham - poor shot.

Freddie in! Get the popcorn ready, and prepare for some interesting watching mefinks...
6 and out for Flintoff....damn it...was looking forward to an afternoon of fireworks

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Damn.

Still, Jones knows how to attack a bit, so I'm still thinking it might be an interesting afternoon.

It's starting to get a bit of variable bounce - Harmo to get a couple following a declaration in the evening?

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
I just want as many runs as possible, this great game has a nasty habit of biting one on the **** when you least expect it.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
A most bizarre Flintoff innings in the circumstances - I can only assume he was told to do it, because the Flintoff of recent times has batted a lot more sensibly than that.

Still not sure why he'd be told to do it though!

Swervy

International Captain
Swervy said:
well WI have bowled better today and could possibly have got a wicket or two...but england are still scoring quickly...still looking at 700 by about half an hour after tea
550 odd for 7 now...if WI can knock the rest over in say the next 10-15 runs, WI maybe in a good position to save this game, if the pitch holds up..i do have a feeling that England should get WI out for less than 350 (depending on Lara mainly), if thats the case, GAME OVER

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Swervy said:
A few things I am looking forward to here:
Like to see Key get 200
Like to see Vaughan at long last get a 100
Like to see Flintoff really get going
Like to see WI show a bit of backbone and fight themselves back into the game
3 out of 4 is not bad.

Swervy

International Captain
roseboy64 said:
England all out for 568.Bravo gets the last wicket.

yeah great come back by WI...taking 8 wickets for about 80, probably goes to show that accurate bowling will get you results on this wicket

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
Hmmmmmmm, settle for that and no mistake. Well done WI good fight back.

Now then, "Steeeeeeeevooooooo" time perchance...

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
If the batting clicks this could be a draw or the WI try to make England bat a second time getting first innings and for cing England to make some runs.

Swervy

International Captain
Pedro Delgado said:
Hmmmmmmm, settle for that and no mistake. Well done WI good fight back.

Now then, "Steeeeeeeevooooooo" time perchance...
oh no doubt a great score for England...however if Lara and co really get going...maybe WI say 200-2 at the end of todays play, now if from there WI can get to 450 say by tea on Saturday, the match situation (because England scored SO fast) would be very interesting. Now I havent watched the play in a concentrated manner today, had it on in the background while doing stuff, but I have seen the odd ball keeping low....If the pitch starts going on the fourth day, it would be very interesting to see what score England could set WI.

I might be wrong but I dont think this is just going to be as simple as we all thought for England....this first couple of hours for WI is the key..lose wickets now, lose the game..simple as

Swervy

International Captain
roseboy64 said:
If the batting clicks this could be a draw or the WI try to make England bat a second time getting first innings and for cing England to make some runs.
I tell you..WI at this precise moment are still in this game,simply because England were TOO good yesterday, the game is at a stage which say 5 years ago would have been the situation saturday lunch time on the third day,and england would have batted WI out of the game...very interesting stuff

Of course WI could be all out for 100 by this evening :D

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
(im sure liam will agree...) but how good was that comeback!! that was absolutely awesome in my books. im very impressed by collins and bravo, two excellent bowling performances. but why is edwards thererererere!!!?!?!? stupidity... glad to see collymore may now get a shot.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Don't forget it was some pretty stupid shots too...most of the deliveries can be described as "out trying to advance the game".

West Indies 64/0 (9.2 ov)

West Indies RR: 6.86

Did anyone tell these guys the ODI series is over?

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Edwards' selection puzzled me.Looks like Lawson in next and if anyone fails then Collymore.Looks like they left him out so he wouldn't meet the queen if he looks as "mountainous" as he always does.Lawson's had more practice that's why i give him the edge.