• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies In Australia

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Seems strange, everyone on here is certain it wasn't out, yet the ABC team, who are certainly not bias, aren't even commenting on it.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Personally, I'm not sure, but there was no evidence that he hit it either by camera shot of the ball touching his boot or fingers and the fact that there was zero change in deviation, and no noticeable change in speed (though both could obviously be explained by the fact that deviations were too small for human eyes).

I think if the third umpire was asked in a review by the batsman if the bowler hit it, he would have to give it not out. Unlike the first Ponting appeal, which was clearly not out, this one could have been out, I'm not sure.
TBH, I don't think the umpires can refer something like that to the 3rd if they're unsure whether the fielder even touched the ball. Have to conclude the umpire thought he'd touched it before referring it. They really are in the best position for that, the frame-by-frame is next to useless.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
From what we can see on the replay, Hauritz didn't touch it. But the replay wouldn't necessarily be conclusive. Hauritz strikes me as a decent guy and if he appealed for that when he didn't touch it, that would have been a nasty little bit of cheating which would've been out of character.

Agree that Chappelli's criticism of Barath "not trying to get back" was far out

Johnners

Are they watching it live or the TV feed with a lot of replays?
Live, but they also have the benefit of the TV Feed with replays.

Who's commentating for the ABC team these days?
Jim Maxwell & Glenn Mitchell are the main ball by ball commentators, and then they usually always get in a ball by ball commentator from the country of the touring team (in this case, Fazeer Mohammed). Kerry O'Keefe, Peter Roebuck & Damien Fleming are the "experts" Along with a few other different ring ins they get for a session or a day every now and again (Justin Langer and Jason Gillespie have had stints this match).

HeathDavisSpeed

ABC does sound considerably better than the Channel 9 team. Would be good if they had Ian Bishop for that West Indian perspective though.

Johnners

ABC does sound considerably better than the Channel 9 team. Would be good if they had Ian Bishop for that West Indian perspective though.
It is considerably better tbh :p

Try and watch it with the TV muted and ABC going in the background sometimes. Gets a tad annoying after a while though with the delay etc.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
What we really need is to be able to a) turn off the commentary on the TV without losing the crowd noise and b) sync the radio to the TV (TV is delayed a few seconds). The ABC team is 100x better than the ch9 wankers.

Burgey

With lead near 100 it must surely be time for Glen Mitchell and Jim Maxwell to start their usual "We want Katich to bowl" whine on ABC radio.

Dougeh

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
Commentators throughout: Blah blah blah Gayle is terrible and shouldn't be captain

This match: Gayle has been the man.

Burgey

Why not? Gets plenty of the ball for NSW.

Oh wait....
Generally doesn't open for NSW iirc.

Have heard it said he doesn't want to bowl a great deal - possibly doesn't want to be compared with Bevan, and I don't blame him :ph34r:

Dougeh

Last edited:

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Bish too straight and narrow IMO. Cozier at least goes on a side of an issue most times. Rarely with Bishop from when I've heard him.