• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies In Australia

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Without seeing the footage, I've rarely seen a bowlers-end run-out where the touch was picked up on a replay. Generally there's absolutely no way you can be sure a bowler touched it so I would guess the umpire already thought he touched it but was looking for confirmation the batter was short.
That's what I thought at first, but on the replays Barath is clearly out of his crease and doesn't make much of an effort to get back until the celebrations are in full swing, so surely the only thing Rauf would've been checking was for the touch.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Really don't understand how people can be so sure it didn't hit Hauritz' boot. Those frame by frame shots are terrible for determining whether or not contact has occured.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Absolutely dire decision to give Barath out, having seen it.

Hauritz didn't touch it.

edit: Chapell talking bollocks as well. Gayle's smashed a full toss straight back down the ground, it's not as if Barath was ****ing around for 5 seconds before trying to ground his bat.

Last edited:

Howsie

International Captain
:laugh: That shot from the stump-cam pretty much shows that it wasn't anywhere near his foot. And that "I don't know" head shake better not of been Gayle asking wheather he touched it.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Really don't understand how people can be so sure it didn't hit Hauritz' boot. Those frame by frame shots are terrible for determining whether or not contact has occured.
Personally, I'm not sure, but there was no evidence that he hit it either by camera shot of the ball touching his boot or fingers and the fact that there was zero change in deviation, and no noticeable change in speed (though both could obviously be explained by the fact that deviations were too small for human eyes).

I think if the third umpire was asked in a review by the batsman if the bowler hit it, he would have to give it not out. Unlike the first Ponting appeal, which was clearly not out, this one could have been out, I'm not sure.