• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Warne vs Murali Discussion

Days of Grace

International Captain
FFS, man, he has been cleared, he is playing, therefore his stats count. If he was white-skinned, and an Aussie, then Australians would be reaching for the tissues and vasoline everytime he takes a wicket.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
To a purist of the game just to mention "The Chuckers" name in the same sentence as one including The Don seems sacreligious
Can we not please - we can have some (reasonably) good debates on CW without resorting to insulting the cricketer they favour. (Cameron, no.)

archie mac

International Coach
:laugh: Sorry mate, just didn't understand - I thought you meant I should just email them to you personally!
No worries, Just for Days of Grace(love the user name), I think you should know, I feel Murali throws the ball, but do not want to get into a big debate over it, just thought you should know that is all:)

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
To a purist of the game just to mention "The Chuckers" name in the same sentence as one including The Don seems sacreligious
Nah. Considering that his normal deliveries, except the doosra have been proven to be several degrees below the 15 degree rule, you are simply wrong.

Anyway, not the place to get into this again.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Anyway, as said in this thread, it's debatable - IMO, not so much ;) - that he is the greatest spinner of the era, let alone the greatest bowler.
Well, if you come from the assumption that his action is legal, he would certainly make a run for the greatest bowler ever and without a doubt would be the greatest spinner of this era.

If you don't come from that assumption, than its fair game.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Yet Murali, who bowls so much of his team's balls has a comparable proportion of tail-enders, where it shows he really has a reliance on them to boost his figures.
But thats just not mathematically true.

Warne takes 1.81 lower order wickets out of 4.88 total wickets per test.
Murali takes 1.91 lower order wickets out of a total 6.19 total wickets per test.

He takes .1 more lower order wickets out of a total 1.31 more wickets overall!

Regardless of when Warne comes on or not, the fact is that the lower order is a larger part in boosting his average. How is what you are saying true? How can it be?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Nah. Considering that his normal deliveries, except the doosra have been proven to be several degrees below the 15 degree rule, you are simply wrong.

Anyway, not the place to get into this again.
HIs doosra was proved to be below 15 degrees too. It was 14.2 initially and after some corrective action, it went down well below 10, I think..... For exact stats, you can look up the Warne Vs Murali official thread.....

Engle

State Vice-Captain
Another test of the better bowler may be this.
Who, IYHO, would perform better against The Don ?
Murali or Warne ?