• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* VB Series Training Camp

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Okay its really funny how players have come to the camp and they cant even fill infos in 7 days. They are partying or some thing in the camp? There hasnt been a ball bowled since the players came to the 'camp'

Maybe the info could be gathered via e mail by the coach before the camp actually started.

The happenings have been bewidering and funny at the same time.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pratyush said:
Okay its really funny how players have come to the camp and they cant even fill infos in 7 days. They are partying or some thing in the camp? There hasnt been a ball bowled since the players came to the 'camp'

Maybe the info could be gathered via e mail by the coach before the camp actually started.

The happenings have been bewidering and funny at the same time.

Some of the members are taking their spot in the squad for granted.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Some of the members are a bit busy at the moment so are waiting till they get some time to do it.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
marc71178 said:
Some of the members are a bit busy at the moment so are waiting till they get some time to do it.

Exactly. Some members have been more concerned with organising personal sponsorship deals and flirting with the media, while the others who work hard have put their full efforts to training and preparing for the new season.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Mister Wright said:
Exactly. Some members have been more concerned with organising personal sponsorship deals and flirting with the media, while the others who work hard have put their full efforts to training and preparing for the new season.
Actually I've been organising the CW XI Xmas party - to which you're perilously close to being barred from :p ;)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
marc71178 said:
Actually I've been organising the CW XI Xmas party - to which you're perilously close to being barred from :p ;)
:-O

*sucks up to marc*

full of tangerines and walnuts i bet...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
If I had everyone's email address I might consider it.
But I'd prefer to keep it all in one place - makes it much easier.
All the same, I would appreciate it if I could do a bit of work, with everyone, before the series actually starts. 8-)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The series won't be until some time in January and probably even around mid-January, alongside the actual series, so there's still some time.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Players yet to respond to the questionnaire:

C Walsh
E Moon
BJ Goff - RETURNED!
MJ Robbins
RG Verghese
AP Chaulk
S Bhatia - to be done by me.
C Law - yet to sign into camp.

Last edited:

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Hey all,

Im back but i am still getting back into the swing of things so will get this done in the next few days...

Craig

World Traveller
Liam in future can you please use the initial 'N' when you are putting C Walsh please?

Craig

World Traveller
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Players yet to respond to the questionnaire:

C Walsh
E Moon
BJ Goff - RETURNED!
MJ Robbins
RG Verghese
AP Chaulk
S Bhatia - to be done by me.
C Law - yet to sign into camp.
Going through a back log of e-mails in my inbox (over 150 still in there).

Craig

World Traveller
Part one: describe your batting and fielding prowess

How would you describe your style of batting (eg: do you like to drive on the up? Are you strongest through off or leg, or off front or back-foot?)

I like to think of myself as a back foot player and I guess I have no real favourite shots but I like to hook and cut a lot. I like to score runs fast and the game moving. I usually bat at 1-3.

What are your main weaknesses when holding the bat (seam, swing, the turning ball, extreme pace, changes of pace, difficulty in picking changes of direction of movement)

Probably on when the balls are being pitched on the stumps and get bowled and out LBW a lot.

How would you describe your skills in the field (hands, athleticism, reflexes, anticipation, attacking the ball, chasing the ball down). What is your favourite field-position?

I don't have a strong throwing arm so I like to field close from slip, to mid on, mid off, short leg, mid wicket, square leg.

Part two: your bowling abilities

I'm just a part time medium pacer.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Blewy said:
Hey all,

Im back but i am still getting back into the swing of things so will get this done in the next few days...
Welcome back, Brendan, hope you had a good honeymoon.
Don't rush too much, obviously, but it'd be nice to communicate with you, being skipper et al. :)
My MSN is posted in the "Richard Dickinson Checks In" thread.