• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Trans-Tasman Twenty20 Tri-Series

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
Sure it's been commented on already but pretty funny how BT got the first three games of the series then Sky regained the rights when it crossed over to New Zealand.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
i don't think seifert has ever been mentioned as a good keeper, but keep in mind young Baz was very scruffy with the gloves as well.

steve rixon worked with both parore and young baz. pity he's got another job.
I recall asking around a year ago in the NZ Domestic Thread who the best gloveman among new crop of keepers (Blundell, Phillips, Seifert, Cleaver) was and the reply I got was "Seifert by far". (Of course, the reply was from Howsie, but no one seemed to challenge the assertion.)

I too recall Baz mostly hitting the ground running as a keeper aside from the Dravid drop, at the time the consensus was he was definitely an upgrade on Chris Nevin.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I recall asking around a year ago in the NZ Domestic Thread who the best gloveman among new crop of keepers (Blundell, Phillips, Seifert, Cleaver) was and the reply I got was "Seifert by far". (Of course, the reply was from Howsie, but no one seemed to challenge the assertion.)
:laugh:

theegyptian

England will be better off playing Sam Curran or Dawson next game instead of Roy. Shuffle up Malan and Vince. That or MOrgan can come in for him if fit.

Billings should be just about at the end of his time with the team, for now. I was (still am?) a big fan but game just hasn't developed. If anything going the opposite direction. Should give the opportunity to someone else - although there really isn't anyone pushing too hard and in reality it's a 2nd/3rd reserve position. Billings I feel though needs a bit of time away from the england setup and it's pressure, to analyse and improve his game.

Willey, Billings and Jordan tend to keep their spots as reserves on the back of their athleticism. Good fielders. Makes sense in that respect.

Howsie

International Captain
Did Seifert put down some chances last night or something? Must’ve been more than just the two byes he let through late from Trent Boult the way some of you are carrying on.

One over with the bat, two sixes, one over point and the other over cover, against one of the better death bowlers in the world. Naaaah, he’s obvs a crap keeper, bring back Blundell.......

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Did Seifert put down some chances last night or something? Must’ve been more than just the two byes he let through late from Trent Boult the way some of you are carrying on.

One over with the bat, two sixes, one over point and the other over cover, against one of the better death bowlers in the world. Naaaah, he’s obvs a crap keeper, bring back Blundell.......
No one's going Doull style and advocating he's dropped, old pal. Just he gloved it averagly generally, not any particular instance. And absolutely no one had an issue with his batting, unsure why you threw that in. Breathe....for me he's an upgrade on Blundell, and if Phillips is going to get back in it'll be up the top of the order, without gloves.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Maybe Santner is just a good athlete and smart cricketer with sub-par hand eye? Would explain why he can’t catch and can’t hit anything bowled over 135.
Yeah, that's how I'm seeing it. He wears glasses away from cricket, right? Maybe he needs to go Rossco's route and get the laser eye, I know as someone who has less than 20/20 vision that depth perception goes and catching becomes a nightmare, as does playing anything over 120km. Wonder if that's where he's at.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good to see Kaneh back among the runs, all he needed was a nice petite ground to match his physique

Chewie

Ross had a problem with his eye - he didn't need glasses iirc. Laser eye surgery isn't perfect and can potentially cause issues, in particular with lights at night which would be pretty damaging to the career of an international cricketer.

I find that when I wear contacts it's more difficult to focus on fast moving things, so if Santner is wearing contacts, the answer is just to wear glasses in game as well?

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Surprised the crowd was so low; iirc whenever I've seen T20 matches in NZ the stadiums have been full.

Notwithstanding that the figure wasn't particularly high, but interesting to note this match was the highest rated broadcast on Oz Pay-TV last night.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Yep, the crowd didn't look much bigger than it was for the last T20 at the stadium, which is obviously disappointing given that it's the first match of a tour by an England side. Yet more evidence that the NZC's strategy of spamming the public with an absolute truckload of limited overs games has hit serious diminishing returns.

Immenso

I got offered several free tickets yesterday afternoon. But didn't go. Stadium is only 10 minutes walk from work. Need more warning in my middle-aged years .....

Cricket liking friends live in Outer Mongolia etc (a.k.a the Kapati Coast).

Obligatory Valentines Day date-night the next night
PTA meeting the night after that
School BBQ the night after that

I just wanna go home ........

Immenso

I actually didn't realise the game was in Wellington until a day beforehand when I saw a few England players in the gym, not much awareness.

Now that I think about it since I switched off Sky. I think that the only promos I ever saw about cricket were Sky adds on their own channels promoting their upcoming content.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I got offered several free tickets yesterday afternoon. But didn't go. Stadium is only 10 minutes walk from work. Need more warning in my middle-aged years .....

Cricket liking friends live in Outer Mongolia etc (a.k.a the Kapati Coast).

Obligatory Valentines Day date-night the next night
PTA meeting the night after that
School BBQ the night after that

I just wanna go home ........
Ok

thierry henry

International Coach
Yeah, that's how I'm seeing it. He wears glasses away from cricket, right? Maybe he needs to go Rossco's route and get the laser eye, I know as someone who has less than 20/20 vision that depth perception goes and catching becomes a nightmare, as does playing anything over 120km. Wonder if that's where he's at.
I also have slightly less than perfect vision which really only manifests itself with depth perception and misjudging catches (never used to happen when I was younger) so that's probably why it's my go-to explanation.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I also have slightly less than perfect vision which really only manifests itself with depth perception and misjudging catches (never used to happen when I was younger) so that's probably why it's my go-to explanation.
But your vision gets really good when Trent Boult's hot ass walks by you at the restaurant with Tim Southee in tow.