• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympics

Spark

Global Moderator
Honestly I thought that was not allowed (i.e. only two per country could compete). Or is that just swimming?

Speaking of swimming, the dominance from our females feels comparable to the dominance from our males circa 2000.
A lot better, no? Sydney was 5 golds in swimming (though I feel like it felt like a lot more than that at the time)

weeman27bob

International Vice-Captain
Always nice to wake up and see we've won another cluster of medals across the pool and BMX park.

Also always funny to see both boxers celebrate thinking they've won the bout.

weeman27bob

International Vice-Captain
@Flem274* should we be expecting medals for Team GB in the 3 day horses? It seems like we're well placed in the individual and team competitions at the moment?

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
@Flem274* should we be expecting medals for Team GB in the 3 day horses? It seems like we're well placed in the individual and team competitions at the moment?
Definitely.
GB is no 1 in the teams - up on 2nd by about 17 points heading into show jumping (I think they lose 4 points per rail knocked down) and 1st and 3rd amongst the individuals.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The father of the sailor who's about to win gold for us has his own winged keel given the size of his ears. Extraordinary anatomy.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I really don't like "medals per capita" because having a large population doesn't mean they can all contribute to an athlete's performance like a Goku spirit bomb.
And of course, having a large population automatically means your efforts are much much better because #pressure.

Howe_zat

Audio File
how funny is it that the americans are such pissbabies that all their outlets do the medal count wrong and try to reverse engineer justifying it some how
The weighting gadget they have on that page is quite fun though. https://www.nytimes.com/interactive...country-leads-in-the-olympic-medal-count.html

Italy go from anywhere from 7th to 16th place.

I'm not really bothered about the medal count but neither usual way strikes me as 'correct'. The athletes clearly value their bronze medals, they're not worth nothing. But you can't look at the 1st and 3rd place finishes at a tournament and conclude 'yeah, they did about the same'.