• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test at the WACA

howardj

International Coach
Chappell is going to end up ruining Australian cricket. I understand he was at the helm in the mid 80s, but Simpson and Border were the biggest architects of the revival.

It is not going to be so much through daft selections, though that will undoubtedly play a part, but his huge ego and utter incompetence in man management. The guy had problems with some of the most genial characters in Indian cricket like Tendulkar and Kumble, who have a history of pretty much getting along with anyone. These kind of statements like Johnson was always going to be rested for Adelaide are exactly the kinds of insecurity he bred into the Indian team during his tenure. Sehwag was perhaps the most high profile casualty of his times.

He also seems to back at doing what he does best - media whoring. I have never read so many interviews from an Australian selector, not even their chairman, in the past, as Chappell has given in the last 2-3 weeks. He has been an utter disaster wherever he has set foot. South Australia and India are two of the notable examples. But for those who remember, he was also the batting consultant for Australia in the 2008 tour to India. When Ponting and Hussey scored hundreds in the first test at Bangalore, he was all over the place and when the Australian batting collapsed repeatedly after that, nowhere to be seen.

He is a leech, media whore, and a completely dishonest individual. Should be dumped immediately, but won't be surprised if the weasel becomes the chairman of selectors soon.
Other than that though, you don't rate him?

Just joking, I agree though. He doesn't have the common touch - and his good record in cricket is confined to a playing capacity. Moreover, I think anyone who could order someone to bowl underarm just to get a win in an ODI, indicates that there's a screw loose somewhere.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
TBF James loves it when Australia loses in any event.

I mean, he's happy to live here and all, take our jobs and everything, but he loves it.

Personally think his current address should be part of the immigration exclusion zone and he should be forced to move in next door to the Milats.

See you in a fortnight :ph34r:

Spark

Global Moderator
Anyone see Hodge's latest spray? I agree with him, but geez the bloke has a real bad case of sour grapes.

vcs

Chappell is going to end up ruining Australian cricket. I understand he was at the helm in the mid 80s, but Simpson and Border were the biggest architects of the revival.

It is not going to be so much through daft selections, though that will undoubtedly play a part, but his huge ego and utter incompetence in man management. The guy had problems with some of the most genial characters in Indian cricket like Tendulkar and Kumble, who have a history of pretty much getting along with anyone. These kind of statements like Johnson was always going to be rested for Adelaide are exactly the kinds of insecurity he bred into the Indian team during his tenure. Sehwag was perhaps the most high profile casualty of his times.

He also seems to back at doing what he does best - media whoring. I have never read so many interviews from an Australian selector, not even their chairman, in the past, as Chappell has given in the last 2-3 weeks. He has been an utter disaster wherever he has set foot. South Australia and India are two of the notable examples. But for those who remember, he was also the batting consultant for Australia in the 2008 tour to India. When Ponting and Hussey scored hundreds in the first test at Bangalore, he was all over the place and when the Australian batting collapsed repeatedly after that, nowhere to be seen.

He is a leech, media whore, and a completely dishonest individual. Should be dumped immediately, but won't be surprised if the weasel becomes the chairman of selectors soon.
You might have pitched it a bit strongly but there's a lot of truth in that. I am not informed enough to comment on how he's going about his job these days but he was a complete disaster when he was with India and I couldn't wait for us to get rid of him.

Spark

Global Moderator
Saw it, he's right but still a whiny ****.
Yeah, he can't go one minute without going "WAAAAAAAA WHY DIDN'T YOU PICK ME PICK ME PICK ME PICK ME" - you're not the first player of that era to play less tests than their ability deserved, get the **** over it.

DragonPunk

School Boy/Girl Captain
Yeah, he can't go one minute without going "WAAAAAAAA WHY DIDN'T YOU PICK ME PICK ME PICK ME PICK ME" - you're not the first player of that era to play less tests than their ability deserved, get the **** over it.
Yeah, that plus the fact he's Victorian annoy the **** out of me :p

Spark

Global Moderator
The irony is if they didn't have so many whiny ****s and more players I actually liked playing I'd probably support them.

---

Watching Inside Cricket now. FMD Junior is such a ****ing gun - "Everything will come under the spotlight, the captain, the coach, the physio, the selectors, to the physio, to the freakin' computer man..."

DragonPunk

School Boy/Girl Captain
The irony is if they didn't have so many whiny ****s and more players I actually liked playing I'd probably support them.

---

Watching Inside Cricket now. FMD Junior is such a ****ing gun - "Everything will come under the spotlight, the captain, the coach, the physio, the selectors, to the physio, to the freakin' computer man..."
Yeah I love Inside Cricket, a nice breath of fresh air to Channel nine who refuse to say when someone has done something wrong. Waiting for their justification of Beer's selection somehow on Day 1.

Burgey

You might have pitched it a bit strongly but there's a lot of truth in that. I am not informed enough to comment on how he's going about his job these days but he was a complete disaster when he was with India and I couldn't wait for us to get rid of him.
Yeah he ballsed it up properly didn't he?

Still living off the rep of being an innovative selector from the late 80s maybe.

Guess we have to wait and see how he does this time.

Last edited:

Ruckus

International Captain
This comment from Ponting off his FB doesn't do much to my confidence in the selection of Beer:

"Spent some time chatting to everyone and had a good look at Michael Beer in the nets. Really good feeling in the group."

Burgey

This comment from Ponting off his FB doesn't do much to my confidence in the selection of Beer:

"Spent some time chatting to everyone and had a good look at Michael Beer in the nets. Really good feeling in the group because those arseholes Hodge and Hauritz aren't here."
Jeez, he didn't miss :whistling

Hoggy31

International Captain
Most bizarre move by the selectors this week was Johnson not playing the shield game. You had a green gabba wicket (different strip from the 5-day guarantee Test match) and a shaky QLD batting line-up... wickets translate into confidence and vice versa etc etc.