• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official Third Test at Edgbaston

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Its embarrassing is what it is.
Tbf, it has been chucking it down for hours so it's unrealistic to assume that play could've resumed

However, it's also ridiculous to award a test match to a ground that cannot comply with conditions agreed for the series (i.e. lights) and has an antiquated drainage system

Redbacks

International Captain
Play abandoned for the day.

Good news. :)
:laugh:

Not really, we may have been a shot at winning the match with a full days play. I.e. If we bowled England out for 240-300 then there was definitely a chance we could get a lead and put some pressure on. Playing Johnson makes this scenario unrealistic however:dry:

chalky

International Debutant
Trying to think how a result can be forced; possibly only way is if we have two full days of 98 overs England to bat all day tomorrow score at 4 an over would give them 520 approx 250 lead then try and bowl Australia out on the last day.

A long shot though

pasag

RTDAS
Trying to think how a result can be forced; possibly only way is if we have two full days of 98 overs England to bat all day tomorrow score at 4 an over would give them 520 approx 250 lead then try and bowl Australia out on the last day.

A long shot though
Isn't the weather supposed to be just as bad tomorrow?

pup11

International Coach
Tbf, it has been chucking it down for hours so it's unrealistic to assume that play could've resumed

However, it's also ridiculous to award a test match to a ground that cannot comply with conditions agreed for the series (i.e. lights) and has an antiquated drainage system
Though does having lights make much of a difference, the moment the lights are switched on, the batsmen start whining about how they can't see a thing.

chalky

International Debutant
Looks dry tomorrow Monday looks a bit dodgy though

[URL="http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/today.asp?zipcode=birmingham"[/URL]

pup11

International Coach
Isn't the weather supposed to be just as bad tomorrow?
I hope the weather stays bad, because I tend to agree to a certain extent with what chalky said, with today's play getting washed out, it virtually kills any outside chance Australia had of winning this game.

From here on if two full days of cricket take place, England are the only team likely to have any chance of winning, and if things go according to plan for England, then Australia could find themselves in a position, where they have everything to lose and nothing to gain, so definitely keeping my fingers crossed for some bad weather tomorrow.

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain

Agreed, until this year they didn't even have a sufficiently big enough sight screen. Play all 5 at Durham!

pup11

International Coach
Not their decision
Who's decision...?

I tend to agree with your view that Edgbaston shouldn't have been awareded this test because of their ****ed up drainage system, but as I said the conditions laid down by both the sides regarding the lights are pretty stupid, and not much of a factor AFAIC.

Last edited:

pup11

International Coach
Fix'd and confirmed.
English fans don't have much to worry about, do they, sitting pretty on a 1-0 lead, and looking the more dominant side for most part of this series so far.

Its us the Aussie fans, who would be pretty worried if the weather in the upcoming days doesn't improve, basically would ruin our team's chance of making a comeback in this series.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
English fans don't have much to worry about, do they, sitting pretty on a 1-0 lead, and looking the more dominant side for most part of this series so far.

Its us the Aussie fans, who would be pretty worried if the weather in the upcoming days doesn't improve, basically would ruin our team's chance of making a comeback in this series.
I'd rather we lost and had a full series of cricket than us winning the series and playing no more.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets

If lights were a pre-condition I'm not sure we'd have found 5 grounds to play it on.

As it is the lights at Lords didn't really work anyway.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Who's decision...?

I tend to agree with your view that Edgbaston shouldn't have been awareded this test because of their ****ed up drainage system, but as I said the conditions laid down by both the sides regarding the lights are pretty stupid, and not much a factor AFAIC.
Umpires

As to the playing conditions, lights can come into play regularly in Eng