• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah nice win for Jack, ADM clearly not 100% but heh that's not on Jack.

Sinner/Med probably will have enough for him but semi final some achievement tbf.
5 sets tonight and an afternoon match for the semi might level it up a bit but yes you'd think he will lose.

Niall

International Coach
FFS will we ever get a Saba v Iga Slam final?😭

Muchova v Pegula
Saba v Navarro

Saba should win from here but she has blown a lot of slams, hopefully we get a Saba v Muchova final.,, Pegula v Navarro no thanks.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Five English-born male Grand-slam semi-finalists in the open era name them?

Last edited:

Molehill

International Captain
I'm thinking the final one is going to be someone who didn't represent GB....but no idea who.

Sinner looks a cert for the Men's now. Draper will need to serve out of this world to have any chance, and I don't see the 2 Americans troubling him either.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
FFS will we ever get a Saba v Iga Slam final?😭

Muchova v Pegula
Saba v Navarro

Saba should win from here but she has blown a lot of slams, hopefully we get a Saba v Muchova final.,, Pegula v Navarro no thanks.
Hoping for Pegula v Navarro but will get a Saba v Muchova final...

Niall

International Coach
Hoping for Pegula v Navarro but will get a Saba v Muchova final...
Unless you have money on Pegula no reason for anyone to cheer against Muchova, probably the most enjoyable player to watch on the ladies tour when fit!

Niall

International Coach
Ugh lights out from Muchova for a set and a bit and then just fell away and errors galore. Its a shame because her game is lovely but alas with the injuries this might have been her best chance.
Hoping Saba avenges her in the final.

Molehill

International Captain
The US Open have very kindly put the Draper match on at 8pm UK tonight. Not expecting him to win, but hope he can cause Sinner some issues.

Good to see 3 British semi finalists in the Juniors too (2 girls, 1 lad, all on later).

You are right, same era as Taylor and Lloyd, but an Aussie, not a particularly famous one though.
Call me sad, but looked through all semi finalists in the 70's and can't find him.....

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The US Open have very kindly put the Draper match on at 8pm UK tonight. Not expecting him to win, but hope he can cause Sinner some issues.

Good to see 3 British semi finalists in the Juniors too (2 girls, 1 lad, all on later).

Call me sad, but looked through all semi finalists in the 70's and can't find him.....
Bum steer from me I'm afraid he was actually late 80's, Wally Masur was the man.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
I thought it was going to be a romp...looks like Pegula put up a fight. Ah well...congrats to Sabalenka!

Niall

International Coach
2 best players on hardcourts won.

The men's side once Alcarez/Novak exited became a procession unfortunately. Ladies side was better tbf although a little annoyed we still have not got a Saba v Iga GS final and Muchova's implosion in the semi final. 😭

kyear2

International Coach
Lots of comments online about the era of the new Big Two.

The future of tennis is in good hands though.