• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
We have seen a lot of "real deals", haven't we? Other than Alcaraz and to a lesser extent Medvedev, there isn't really anyone who can perform at that level and after some initial glitches, looks like Djokovic has solved them as well...

Niall

International Coach
Its wild if he had lost to Rune the other night Novak would have gone home and then who knows?

Since Wimbledon, he has won Cincy, Us Open, Paris and now this and just one loss to Sinner which didn't matter to much.

Alcarez slowed down somewhat since then.

Interesting to see if Novak can keep this absurd level up in 2024 ,surely age has to somewhat catch up with him?

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Sure, he doesn't like to lose. But he does lose matches in lower tier tournaments and Davis Cup once in a while. I will wait to see what Sinner does next year especially in the big tournaments before anointing him as the second coming...have seen a lot of players have one good to great season and then fall back into the pack behind the big 3,2,1...

Molehill

International Captain
Sure, he doesn't like to lose. But he does lose matches in lower tier tournaments and Davis Cup once in a while. I will wait to see what Sinner does next year especially in the big tournaments before anointing him as the second coming...have seen a lot of players have one good to great season and then fall back into the pack behind the big 3,2,1...
Oh yeah, not suggesting he's going to win Slams. But finding a way to beat Djokovic is certainly a step ahead of the others, especially considering what Alcaraz has done post Wimbledon.

Niall

International Coach
Oh yeah, not suggesting he's going to win Slams. But finding a way to beat Djokovic is certainly a step ahead of the others, especially considering what Alcaraz has done post Wimbledon.

Sinner 4-4 against Alcarez in the head to head. The two of them clearly best of the rest.

ashley bach

International Captain
Are we Kiwi's the biggest piss-heads in the world?
Every time I tune into the ASB classic all you see are spectators constantly sipping away at their champagne.

Shame to see 37 year old Monfils go down in the 3rd set tie break. He's always an entertaining watch and a very popular figure in the tennis world.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Are we Kiwi's the biggest piss-heads in the world?
Every time I tune into the ASB classic all you see are spectators constantly sipping away at their champagne.

Shame to see 37 year old Monfils go down in the 3rd set tie break. He's always an entertaining watch and a very popular figure in the tennis world.
Feels like he's been around forever at this point

Molehill

International Captain
Not a great couple of days for the family with Mrs Monfils losing in the Final of the women's event.

I thought he'd retired....

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
@Niall so do you think Sabalenka will defend? I think Rybakina has a very good chance to win here...her game is tailor-made for this surface...

Molehill

International Captain
No idea why Murray is still playing. Surely that should be the end of his Aussie days, totally outplayed today by the 30 seed Etcheverry.