• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** T20 Champions League in South Africa

Flem274*

123/5
LOL at CD. What a bunch of absolute losers. Embarrassment to NZ. Ingram made a new high score of 2 so congrats to him for being utterly useless and a huge disappointment. Typical Sinclair didn't perofrm when the cameras were on. Shows what happens when How doesn't score big, the rest of them still contribute nothing.

Knew they'd get smashed by Mendis.
Yet they smashed the rest of the HRV Cup sides.

Think about what you're saying for a second.:p

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Blah blah blah IPL teams are crap blah blah blah

Oh wait, two of them made the semis!

As I said, last year was the year to get away with bagging the IPL teams in the CL. Not this year.

Bangalore and Chennai are quality.

Obviously they're at an advantage by being able to have their contracted players, but nonetheless it was last year when the IPL teams were an embarrassment. Not this year.

Jayzamann

International Regular
If the IPL teams do well, they're open to criticism for buying an advantage. If they don't do well, they're open to critisicm for not utilising the advantage.

I am at peace with the fact that I am a ****bag, are you guys?

Flem274*

123/5
If the IPL teams do well, they're open to criticism for buying an advantage. If they don't do well, they're open to critisicm for not utilising the advantage.

I am at peace with the fact that I am a ****bag, are you guys?
Depends, are you with the IPL teams or against them?:p

I'm perfectly at peace for being a **** to the IPL teams. If Bangalore win the final, I'm counting that as a win for CD.:p

kingpin

State Vice-Captain
well i expected CD to do well specially in their batting department...But Dhoni rox..He defended such a small target.....

Flem274*

123/5
Anyway, I'm probably the only person in the country who is very proud of Central Districts atm. To compete with world class domestic teams despite having the second string bowlers and lacking our best batsman is a testament to to the talent and determination of these young guys. Six players who played in this competition had less than 20 FC games, and four had under 10.

The team that played the HRV Cup was Ingram, How, Sinclair, Taylor, Oram, Weston, KNB, Napier, Diamanti, Griggs, Mason (with Rance sometimes getting a game). That team is comfortably better than the one who played in this, and their results, whilst frustrating, show Central Districts have some class.

So GAGF all you haterz.:p

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Victoria unlcuky to get knocked out. That bowling attack was good enough to win them this competition.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Anyway, I'm probably the only person in the country who is very proud of Central Districts atm. To compete with world class domestic teams despite having the second string bowlers and lacking our best batsman is a testament to to the talent and determination of these young guys. Six players who played in this competition had less than 20 FC games, and four had under 10.

The team that played the HRV Cup was Ingram, How, Sinclair, Taylor, Oram, Weston, KNB, Napier, Diamanti, Griggs, Mason (with Rance sometimes getting a game). That team is comfortably better than the one who played in this, and their results, whilst frustrating, show Central Districts have some class.

So GAGF all you haterz.:p
You were unlucky to have so many players missing but still you should have done better.

Flem274*

123/5
How - good
Noema - pretty good
Mason - pretty good
Bracewell - maybe
Milne - maybe

Everyone else was pretty ****, batting was atrocious.
How wasn't good so much as outstanding. Never would have predicted it.

And you have almost exactly my point. Patton is more of a FC batsman, and I didn't expect him to set the world on fire. His quickfire 24 was a pleasant surprise the other day. Weston was disappointing I'll give you, though I'm surprised he batted three and wicketkept some games.

Milne, for a kid who had never played 20/20 before, was pretty good and Bracewell stepped up as well. KNB did way better than I thought he would and credit to him. Worker has been very average for CD for a little while now and it continued. Rance did alright bar a few overs, and probably better than expected. This depleted side did far better on the whole than I expected personally. We won the HRV cup because of Ingram, Taylor and our bowling attack, especially Mason and Napier. Only Mason and Rance featured from the core of that HRV attack,and Rance is debateable.

Athlai

Not Terrible
How wasn't good so much as outstanding. Never would have predicted it.

And you have almost exactly my point. Patton is more of a FC batsman, and I didn't expect him to set the world on fire. His quickfire 24 was a pleasant surprise the other day. Weston was disappointing I'll give you, though I'm surprised he batted three and wicketkept some games.

Milne, for a kid who had never played 20/20 before, was pretty good and Bracewell stepped up as well. KNB did way better than I thought he would and credit to him. Worker has been very average for CD for a little while now and it continued. Rance did alright bar a few overs, and probably better than expected. This depleted side did far better on the whole than I expected personally. We won the HRV cup because of Ingram, Taylor and our bowling attack, especially Mason and Napier. Only Mason and Rance featured from the core of that HRV attack,and Rance is debateable.
Na mate a 24 and **** all else is poor not average.

Flem274*

123/5
Na mate a 24 and **** all else is poor not average.
I was being diplomatic.:p

EDIT: We talking Worker or Patton here?

Patton batted twice. And a quick 24 is better than what I thought he might do considering his SR in domestic cricket.

Last edited: