• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* T20 and ODI matches

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Thought he didn't see it till late the one that went for 4, the throw in was off target.
Maybe I've just been spoiled by Prior in the Tests, who seems to be able to take the ball from anywhere and break the wicket 0.3 seconds later.

hazsa19

International Regular
I think its good to have a bit of both. Should always be entitled to home advantage but not necessarily produce a green seamer every game, which is what we've done so far this season. Doesn't make sense to produce a belter just cause it would help us overseas, should we produce low turners in Tests just to help us in India?

Oh and get Broad on.
No because winning a Test Match is a valued achievement in itself. Odi's are more a way of preparing, building and working towards a world cup (imo).

And surely you can still cut the grass on the morning of the match, even if the pitch has been covered.

Spark

Global Moderator
I haven't actually seen that much movement tbh. England have just been deadly accurate on a reasonably spicy deck and India have batted like tools.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Well, the rest of this game is going to be pretty crap regardless, it seems. Either the likely happens and England absolutely smash India in another one-sided contest or the unlikely happens and Dhoni hangs around a while to scrap together a competitive score. Neither would be good viewing.

Howe_zat

Audio File
No because winning a Test Match is a valued achievement in itself. Odi's are more a way of preparing, building and working towards a world cup (imo).

And surely you can still cut the grass on the morning of the match, even if the pitch has been covered.
Under the basis that I want to see the cricket I actually want to see, no. You may disagree.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Why is every wicket to suit the home side "tailored"? England play well on wickets like this because you get them all the time. It's September, it's cold, it's cloudy, it's been wet. There's very little they could have done.
Hardly limited to September, those conditions in England.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
People moan about pitches around the world favouring bowlers too much, we get a pitch that does something for the bowlers and people moan.

No winning if you're a groundsman is there?

Give me an ODI pitch where 250 is a par score but the opposition have to bat well to get there anyday. It's hardly England's fault if India aren't good enough to bat on such a surface.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Lol India. What's going on? Is it moving everywhere or what?
Not really, no. The movement's hardly been extravegant, England have just bowled really well and India haven't adjusted to playing on a pitch where planting your front foot down and mowing through the line doesn't work.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year

I don't see ODI's like that at all - its just like a separate sport. Like how I don't see the Six Nations as a build up to the World Cup, I see it as a competition in its own right, that's how I see an ODI series.

hazsa19

International Regular
People moan about pitches around the world favouring bowlers too much, we get a pitch that does something for the bowlers and people moan.

No winning if you're a groundsman is there?

Give me an ODI pitch where 250 is a par score but the opposition have to bat well to get there anyday. It's hardly England's fault if India aren't good enough to bat on such a surface.
Ok, didn't mean to 'moan'. Just asking the question.

I do hate it when people moan about pitches favouring bowlers (in Test Matches). I think a bowlers pitch is preferable in Test Matches, a batting pitch preferable in odis.