• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* T20 and ODI matches

OMM!

U19 12th Man
England really lack some devil with the ball in ODIs.

Maybe they should try setting Test fields and treating it as a shortened Test match!

OMM!

U19 12th Man
It's the new verb appearing in cricket everywhere.

If you get done by a great slower ball it's called being "Dernbached". :D

Howe_zat

Audio File
Nice ball Bres. Good final spell in the end.

275 to win, we've done pretty well to pull that back from the brink. Now, rain to reduce the overs please.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Decent target, should be an interesting chase, weather permitting.

I thought India were going to register their biggest score of the summer but it wasn't to be :p

OMM!

U19 12th Man
Dernbach and Bresnan look like great death bowlers. Jimmy is a good opening bowler. Broady is a good middle overs bowler. Just need a real wicket-taker from somewhere early on!

Maybe Steven Finn? Maybe a Graham Onions? Maybe back to Ajmal Shahzad?!

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Dernbach and Bresnan look like great death bowlers. Jimmy is a good opening bowler. Broady is a good middle overs bowler. Just need a real wicket-taker from somewhere early on!

No. Been awful this season, spraying it all over the place.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain

Finn and Onions seem more like test bowlers to me

You need someone skilled with the white ball, since Anderson appears much less effective with it

I don't think there's much of a problem, your just missing Swann really

OMM!

U19 12th Man
Don't see why a few bad displays for Yorkshire have had such an impact!

He was EASILY our best bowler in the World Cup. Comfortably. He was in the 1st XI.

His International record is superb. Forget Yorkshire, he's a big game player!

If you're telling me that if at the start of next year Strauss averages say 15 in 3 or 4 FC games for Middlesex he'll be dropped from the Test side, I say you're crazy!

Howe_zat

Audio File
Don't see why a few bad displays for Yorkshire have had such an impact!

He was EASILY our best bowler in the World Cup. Comfortably. He was in the 1st XI.

His International record is superb. Forget Yorkshire, he's a big game player!

If you're telling me that if at the start of next year Strauss averages say 15 in 3 or 4 FC games for Middlesex he'll be dropped from the Test side, I say you're crazy!
He wasn't in the first XI, Broad was injured and Jimmy was knacked. He's done well in England colours but never really done much to hold down a place in the side, and he needs to have good, long season to prove he's international class.