• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Super Series

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
At first glance the Inzy dismissal looked as if the ball would go past leg stump and not hit it.

Any way it was over for the World XI with the dismissal of Lara.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
At least it makes it better knowing that even world class batsmen are struggling against Warne and it wasnt just the English batsmen making him look unplayable this summer :)

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
this is great stuff rom Australia, the way Lee has bowled in this innings is how he should bowl more often in test. Australia have just been brilliant.... :cool:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
aussie said:
this is great stuff rom Australia, the way Lee has bowled in this innings is how he should bowl more often in test. Australia have just been brilliant.... :cool:
I dont think Lee can bowl much better than he did. He will stray a bit in any scenario. He has to ensure that straying is not more than one-two balls an over and he can do good against most teams/players.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Rudi, why didn't you refer that? I know you don't like the technology but damn. :-/

Still, LOL @ Inzy in this test considering all the talk from him in regards to not coming, and then coming, and then not coming.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
aussie said:
Unfortunately he'd probably burn out in a year if he did. Although maybe its better to be top for a year or 2 than mediocre for 5+ :)

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Jono said:
Still, LOL @ Inzy in this test considering all the talk from him in regards to not coming, and then coming, and then not coming.
Yeah even more hilarious than the 12th man scenario which was discussed before the match started.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
Jono said:
Rudi, why didn't you refer that? I know you don't like the technology but damn. :-/

Looks like he decided not to come in the end :)

Slow Love™

International Captain
SpaceMonkey said:
Looks like he decided not to come in the end :)
Quite a few members of this forum (and likely a few million Indians) probably did, when they realised he'd gotten a pair. Oh, Inzy...

Only a matter of time, now. The World XI's effort with the bat continues to be disappointing - maybe if we're lucky we'll get a bit of excitement from Freddie.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
FWIW, I thought that 36 by Lara was really great. It is perhaps the best 36 you could see. A shame the ball bounced higher than what everyone expected. I don't see how Lara could have done anything different in this test. He got two good balls, the first one he would have played better had he been in any kind of touch. The second one, he would have got out to even if he was 400*. Dravid has this habit when he is playing defensively to let the ball hit the bat with his bat face facing the pitch, looking down. This causes problems for him against someone who gets as much drift, turn and bounce as Warne does. He even had problems with Kaneria playing this way.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
honestbharani said:
FWIW, I thought that 36 by Lara was really great.
Sorry to burst your bubble but the inning today of Lara was quite poor in the beginning. It was only later that he started meddling the ball a bit better only to get out.

parttimer

U19 Cricketer
honestbharani said:
FWIW, I thought that 36 by Lara was really great. It is perhaps the best 36 you could see. A shame the ball bounced higher than what everyone expected. I don't see how Lara could have done anything different in this test. He got two good balls, the first one he would have played better had he been in any kind of touch. The second one, he would have got out to even if he was 400*. Dravid has this habit when he is playing defensively to let the ball hit the bat with his bat face facing the pitch, looking down. This causes problems for him against someone who gets as much drift, turn and bounce as Warne does. He even had problems with Kaneria playing this way.
Bounced more? It was a bottom edge..

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
parttimer said:
Bounced more? It was a bottom edge..
There is a difference between bottom edge and inner edge. Lara was looking to play a backfoot drive, not a cut. Bottom edges happen only with horizontal bat shots. With straight bat shots, it is usually the outer edge or the inner edge.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Pratyush said:
Sorry to burst your bubble but the inning today of Lara was quite poor in the beginning. It was only later that he started meddling the ball a bit better only to get out.
I started watching when he was on 4 and except for that one ball from McGrath, I thought Lara was playing really well, trying to build his innings brick by brick. He did play that one loose shot off Brett Lee outside the offstump immediately after that square drive, but otherwise I thought he was very solid.