• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Super Series

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
grecian said:
When is McGrath going to retire, as an Englishman, I can say we'll give him a great send-off :)
What, give him 40 wickets in an Ashes series and regaining the Ashes for Australia? :p

Aussies in front at this point, I would say.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
McGrath - brilliant as usual.

Lee - horrible. Why he just cant attempt to bowl at off stump is totally beyond me.

Talking about Lara's foot movement, what about Dravid? Back foot retreating to the leg-side and never getting into line. Really poor.

tooextracool

International Coach
FaaipDeOiad said:
Yeah, Pollock should have been in the team, especially given the pitch had a significant amount of live grass on it. Flintoff has struggled all series, Harmison didn't have a great ashes, and with swing and seam movement in the morning Pollock would have been perfect.

yes especially when you consider that the ball swung and seamed around for less than 10 overs of the day.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Lee bowling all over the place, but still i dont get the field Ponting are setting for sehwag, doesn't he remember the fields they had for him in India?, those in out fields with catchers in the slips & two men on the boundary at Point & 3rd man....

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
aussie said:
Lee bowling all over the place, but still i dont get the field Ponting are setting for sehwag, doesn't he remember the fields they had for him in India?, those in out fields with catchers in the slips & two men on the boundary at Point & 3rd man....
Seems both in Ashes mode :D

Slow Love™

International Captain
Finally - Sehwag showing some good opposition here. A little streaky, but that's Sehwag. It's been exciting to watch, and McGrath's starting to get very ticked off.

Missed the first session this morning - looks like Freddie came to play. Gilly must be regretting his decision to take the light last night. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but I would think that most people on 94 and looking as comfortable as he was would have preferred to be 100 overnight. I wouldn't have thought the light was that bad, particularly considering the lights were allegedly on, but the TV can make things look a lot brighter than they are.

Watson's not looking the greatest at the mo - we might be getting close to Warne being introduced into the attack (the crowd's certainly chanting for him)....

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
well the points that Holding & Greig are making about watson's bowling is quiet obviously, his bowling wont be effective in test level, his role should be as a batsman who can bowl a bit but the more bowling he does over the coming years i expect him to gain some variety in his bowling so as to become effective at test level.

Slow Love™

International Captain
aussie said:
well the points that Holding & Greig are making about watson's bowling is quiet obviously, his bowling wont be effective in test level, his role should be as a batsman who can bowl a bit but the more bowling he does over the coming years i expect him to gain some variety in his bowling so as to become effective at test level.
There certainly seems to be a huge variance in opinions as to Watson's bowling potential (ie, the constant comparisons to Flintoff in some quarters). Regardless, it does seem that perhaps it's asking a lot of him to bowl first change in the test attack, at least at this stage of his career.

tooextracool

International Coach
good god, is it possible to have bowled worse than what shane 'i've improved a helluva lot' Watson has bowled today? How long is it going to take ponting to realise that they're letting the world XI off the hook by bowling Watson before Warne and continuing to persist with him?

Slow Love™

International Captain
Bit of a shame to see Sehwag go - I was enjoying that innings.

Very important match for MacGill here (probably more so than for anybody else in the match)...

Arrow

U19 Vice-Captain
This 3rd umpire crap for LBWs is horrible. Totally ruins the spontanety of the sport, is a waste of time, and most of the time its still inconclusive. If its brought in, every decent LBW appeal will be checked.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not bad from "rubbish" MacGill.

When are people going to learn that he's one of the world's premier spinners?