• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Super Series

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Errr, was definitely Vic who went to India. Right now, I'm 26 so I'm out of the running for a U/19's spot (lousy ageist selectors). The fact I haven't played competitive cricket for about 9 years might count against me too.

Last edited:

jlo33692

U19 Debutant
marc71178 said:
Yes, so they're playing a 50 over game - wow!

And can you tell me which of the Australian batting line up have proved anything by facing McGrath today then?

Oh that's right, none of them.

Quote,was They do play against each other ,not much but they do play occasionally.
No mention of ODI,Aust A side,3Day and 5Day,Just that they do play on occasions.
Never mentioned they hit runs against McGrath either or made ducks against him,just that they do play against one another, Someone disputed the fact then said its not counted if only a cou[ple of times,Anyway see it as you will but i think they do play each other,End of Story,point made!!!!! :punk:

You wouldnt be trying to twist what was said or take things out of contex,or even bits and peices from posts now would you,Very un Marc like...........:happy:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
No, the point was that they implied they'd faced each other a great deal and scored runs against the best bowlers.

Well as it stand there's only one world class seamer in Australia, and he didn't bowl to any of the Internationals yesterday, so it is irrelevant.

It is also a one day game, which again makes the discussion irrelevant.

The facts have been shown about how often the top Australian's play domestic first class cricket, all but never.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
marc71178 said:
Yes, so they're playing a 50 over game - wow!

And can you tell me which of the Australian batting line up have proved anything by facing McGrath today then?

Oh that's right, none of them.
Sorry, I'm to lazy to read back to where the original statements were made...why does it matter again?

jlo33692

U19 Debutant
marc71178 said:
No, the point was that they implied they'd faced each other a great deal and scored runs against the best bowlers.

Well as it stand there's only one world class seamer in Australia, and he didn't bowl to any of the Internationals yesterday, so it is irrelevant.

It is also a one day game, which again makes the discussion irrelevant.

The facts have been shown about how often the top Australian's play domestic first class cricket, all but never.

Twisty Twisty again Marc,,,why dont you read the early posts and see it was not what you are claiming,when you lose you are supposed to 1 either oppologise or 2 dont post no more crap because it makes a person look rather foolish and stuborn.
You are honestly like a dog with a bone,Do you drink any alcohol Marc? as you seem to go over old ground a lot,twist a story ,if you look at the subject of your point ,the one you say is no good against any fast bowlers,R Ponting that was his 55th game of shield cricket,he is playing a 3 day game also this week as all the players are,apart from test matches how do you think they get some practice,do you really believe they dont play in state games when available or are you just making stupid staements for the sake of making them? Ponting 55 state games,one of the youngest to play for aussies so he has and does play against other members of the aussie team,and dont try and twist the fact about ODI games as it was not mentioned otherwise you would have been doing your normal paste and cut and put little pieces in to make your points look a bit sensible ,which they are not,now my advise for you marc is....taxi.......TAXI.....now twist this one????

:clown: :baby: :wub: :ranting: :drool: :wine:

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
55 games - but how many of them are in the last 5 years?

1 or 2 games a year (if he even plays that) is not "playing domestic cricket"

And a 3 day practise game - that's really going to show a lot isn't it - it's not even going to be a competitive game!

Eclipse

International Debutant
marc71178 said:

And a 3 day practise game - that's really going to show a lot isn't it - it's not even going to be a competitive game!
I'm not here to enter into any arguments but i will say the last time he played any state cricket (FC) of any note he hit a big hundred against NSW with McGrath in the attack and a game or two before that made 237 or so at a run a ball against a full strength queensland attack (which was very strong at the time)

Also made a ton against a Gillespie led SA attack a few years ago and that after Gillespie had taken something like 8 wickets in an innings only a match or two before hand.

jlo33692

U19 Debutant
marc71178 said:

Repeat message for about the 6th time now,,,,
They may not play much cricket against each other but they do occasionaly play in state games against one another.
No mention of ODI,No mention of 3 4 or 5 day games ,no mention weather they can play McGrath or not,If the point was that they cannot play against mcgrath or whoever then
i would say so and im sure your little paste and cut would also show it.
Amazing you have not gone back to get the original quote marc,,,,why would that be?
Is it because it does not suit your silly little windup? Surley you are not this silly to keep going on and on about something you have tried to change to siut whatever it is you are trying to prove.
Go and find the original quote ,read it, scurry away and find someone else to wind up.
oh and and if you do persist on this line ,then the post above says enough about McGrath
but then again ,im sure you will dispute that part of it?

taxi TAXI,,,,, :crybaby:

jlo33692

U19 Debutant
Eclipse said:
I'm not here to enter into any arguments but i will say the last time he played any state cricket (FC) of any note he hit a big hundred against NSW with McGrath in the attack and a game or two before that made 237 or so at a run a ball against a full strength queensland attack (which was very strong at the time)

Also made a ton against a Gillespie led SA attack a few years ago and that after Gillespie had taken something like 8 wickets in an innings only a match or two before hand.

Eclipse ,that is how they get picked to make the aussie team by playing state games.
Punter played last week in the ODI,and will play this week in a sheild game.
God m8 ,Gillesspi taking 8 wickets in a game,if only he could reproduce that form.
What a mistry his form is,how could he have evaperated so quickly?

What is that saying about ,class is permanent, I hope he makes it back as he is still only 30 year old and has so much to offer IMO.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I rate Vettori above Harbhajan when it comes to pitches outside of India, but Kumble was clearly a better option than Vettori when it comes to tests.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I'll never forget it. Nor will I ever forget Srinath intentionally bowling wide, I was laughing so loud :D

What annoyed me most was look at not only what Kumble did in the past 2004 Australian tour of India, but what Kumble did in the last SCG test he played. In that match, he took more wickets in the match himself than the whole Australian team.