• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in South Africa 2011/12

Woodster

International Captain
Yes binned it there Smith, should have just looked to get AB back on strike, he looks in outstanding touch.

longtom

School Boy/Girl Captain
Right - now for de Villiers and Duminy pushing on the score with some smart (you hear me - I said smart - not reckless) running between the wickets. No need to do anything overly aggressive . (read - stupid)

longtom

School Boy/Girl Captain
After this Malinga will have bowled 7 overs - only 3 left which surely have to be taken at the end. Nothing left to try and get a wicket in between should SA score freely.

Good move that early batting pp me thinks.

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, I don't think enough people take batting powerplays early to disrupt the bowling pattens. When Dilshan just wanted to keep things tight with the slower bowlers the taking of the powerplay triggered runs off the spinners, hence forcing the quicks to return.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
I am not a big fan of Ingram but I hope he gets another game...because I want Kallis to not play ODIs regularly and play more test matches. He needs to improve his record against Australia and England.

longtom

School Boy/Girl Captain
cricbuzz:

35.6 Dilshan to de Villiers, 1 run, de Villiers comes down once more and works it down to long on

Cricinfo:

Dilshan to de Villiers, 1 run, no footwork from AB as he punches the ball towards long-on

So de Villiers came down the wicket without moving his feet. Isn't there a law against that? :ph34r:

longtom

School Boy/Girl Captain
Duminy out - what's the weather like? Thinking of D/L - loosing wickets not going to help SA's cause in that regard ... well - in any regard really ... :p

popepouri

State Vice-Captain
cricbuzz:

35.6 Dilshan to de Villiers, 1 run, de Villiers comes down once more and works it down to long on

Cricinfo:

Dilshan to de Villiers, 1 run, no footwork from AB as he punches the ball towards long-on

So de Villiers came down the wicket without moving his feet. Isn't there a law against that? :ph34r:
I don't think there's laws against the powers of levitation.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Duminy out - what's the weather like? Thinking of D/L - loosing wickets not going to help SA's cause in that regard ... well - in any regard really ... :p
South Africa losing wickets will only matter in terms of D/L if it rains before they finish batting their 50 overs. Once their innings is finished, the number of wickets they lost is irrelevant.

longtom

School Boy/Girl Captain
South Africa losing wickets will only matter in terms of D/L if it rains before they finish batting their 50 overs. Once their innings is finished, the number of wickets they lost is irrelevant.
True - hence my question: What's the weather like? Rain imminent?

longtom

School Boy/Girl Captain
250 up in the 41st over .... any stab at the final score? I go for 330.

Edit .... Cancel that .....

Great innings from ABdV nevertheless. What a great cricketer and sportsman - hopefully for many years to come.

Revised expected score: 310

Last edited: