• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in South Africa 2011/12

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Should bring Samaraweera into the attack.
He did try to start bowling a little bit more again when he was pushing to make the World Cup squad but now that it's over he's probably gone back to never, ever bowling in the nets again. Probably better than Perera anyway though tbf.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Fifty to Rudolph. He wouldn't get too many easier situations but I'm stoked for him anyway; would've been a lot of pressure on him regardless of when he came in during this match.

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
This reminds me of South Africa v India at Centurion in 2010. Kallis pilling up a double century, while de Villiers starts tonking the tired, hapless, attack to all parts. Carnage!

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This is typical South Africa. Great front-runners but not so good the rest of the time. I guess it's games like this that make them 'look better on paper' because it boosts the averages.

Should have kept batting for a while longer at that rate, another 20 overs (8.7 per over off the last 10) would be very handy, but realistically 700+ and get Sri Lanka following-on.

Horrible decision by Smith.

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
Good decision by Smith!
Would've kept going to be honest. You might as well try and bat once. I would have told them to tee off until 1 hour to go in the day. You should be able to get about 700 and it gives you a quick burst at the Sri Lanka batsmen.

Garson007

State Vice-Captain
That was odd. Not sure 380 is enough. Sri Lanka might make that - ensuring a draw. Not sure I understand Smith here. We could have batted them out of the game if we only got 70 more.

Spark

Global Moderator
That was odd. Not sure 380 is enough. Sri Lanka might make that - ensuring a draw. Not sure I understand Smith here. We could have batted them out of the game if we only got 70 more.
Good thing they got 200 more than that then :ph34r:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Good thing they got 200 more than that then :ph34r:
He means for the follow on. If Sri Lanka get 380 it'll be a lot harder for South Africa to win and they'll have wished they scored another 100 while they had the chance and the going was easy. Declaring at 580 does not give you any more time to win the match if you're scoring at a decent clip (unless there's rain) and there were certainly no qualms with the scoring rate.