• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in India

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
the lankan innings folds up at 230, a 60 run 1st innings lead for india, well done to kumble and pathan....!

cameeel

International Captain
Sri Lanka are out for 230, 60 short of India's 1st innings.

Mubarak ended up on 29no, and Kumble took 6-72

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
pathan opening the innings with gambhir!!! why? are they determined to make a batsman out of him or is it just for the surprise element or are they protecting the other top and middle order batsmen?

irfan

State Captain
aaargh

why open with pathan? i thought greg chappell's experimentation was only limited to ODI's - i don't see the point of really pushing for pathan to open, its not his natural game and he's be better served in the lower order acting as a foil to the middle order batsman and attacking when the need arises. Pathan's got enuff on his plate already

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
another big surprise, murali opening the attack with vaas...!!! both teams seem to trying to outdo each other in innovations..! :)

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
damn! :@ gambhir fails in both innings and in chennai, 0, 2 & 3 does not look good for him....and yes, congrats to vaas!

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Great bowling by Vaas to get Laxman after being cover driven for four.

A lesson here for idiots like Fernando. After you are cover driven for four you dont have to bang the next ball in short. But I suspect a dumbo like he seems to be will ever learn from a master like Vaas.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Atapattu continues to have what I like to call a 'fielder-to-take-the-return-catch'. Its himself standing three inches off the square on the off side just in front of popping crease. The bowler's first step after delivery is bang next to Atapattu. So close that if Atapattu moved a few inches to his right he could be hit by the bowler !!

I would love to be told why this position ?

PS : The batsman is Tendulkar.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
social said:
Good to see Pathan performing as per usual against a decent team.
Say it again :D

Well bowled Kumble and Pathan, brought India back into this match after Murali turned the game on its head. Whilst Kumble was unbelievable, it was Pathan who took the vital wickets early on. At 0-54 SL could have easily taken the game away on day 2 but Pathan removing not only Gunawardene, but importantly Sangakkara early helped India, and then allowed Kumble to do what he does best on Indian wickets. Tear teams apart :D

Also congrats on Vaas. Its very interesting to see Pathan opening the batting for India, very innovative. When I found out I didn't really know what to think. My immediate reaction was they wanted to protect Dravid and hope that Pathan could get some quick runs putting SL behind with a lead of around 100-120 before Pathan eventually fell. He's still there now :D

Murali opening the bowling is just as interesting.

And will this match go to a 5th day? :-O

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Bandara picks up Sachin! Brilliant bowling change by Atapattu.

India 87/3 leading by 147! Dravid in now.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
ClownSymonds said:
Irfan Pathan is going to top score for India opening a Test.
Now all he needs to get is 5 -6 wickets and will get his name alongside IT Botham in that record category . (ie most runs batting and bowling opening both !! :D )

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Jono said:
Bandara picks up Sachin! Brilliant bowling change by Atapattu.

India 87/3 leading by 147! Dravid in now.
I'd say that bowling change was pretty slow to come after the horse had bolted.

Couldn't understand Atapattu's captaincy -keeping both seamers going for 7-8 overs while Sachin and Pathan were rattling the runs ! :wacko:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Jono said:
And will this match go to a 5th day? :-O
Unlikely . Murali struggling to get wickets second time around. In a low scoring game, India has a solid lead already with much batting still to come and Kumble and Bhajii getting last use of the pitch to bowl at the Lankans.

Can't see this getting into the 5th day.