• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in England

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
BoyBrumby said:
Err, I think you'll find that Trescothick is an anomaly who has simply been very, very lucky. He's certainly not a fine player like Mark Butcher who, although he averages more than 10 runs less per test innings & constantly spunks his wicket away when well set, is clearly a better player. As I've proved.

(:p)
and of course he got dropped early on today.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Gloucefan said:
England A V Sri Lankans

Lankans are 25/2 after 6.2 overs

Lewis takes both wickets.
I think it was Neil who predicted that Lewis might roll us in early English, looks like that statement might be on accurate. :(

Gloucefan

U19 Vice-Captain
chaminda_00 said:
I think it was Neil who predicted that Lewis might roll us in early English, looks like that statement might be on accurate. :(
I'd really like to see him do well...

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
chaminda_00 said:
Very. Mahela Jayawardene caught behind for 16. Lewis 3/16.

First change is Broad and Clarke, tho...

Edit: Four for 20. Sangakkara caught behind. :D

Last edited:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
chaminda_00 said:
Ahh embarssing....Lewis is no chance of playing for England right?
Maybe it's time for some kneejerk reactions. He should be the third seamer after Hoggard and Flintoff.

44/5. Samaraweera c Cook b Clarke 0. Rikki wins the battle of the stat muppets. :D

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Samuel_Vimes said:
Maybe it's time for some kneejerk reactions. He should be the third seamer after Hoggard and Flintoff.

44/5. Samaraweera c Cook b Clarke 0. Rikki wins the battle of the stat muppets. :D
If we keep playing like this we aren't even going to beat Holland. :@

Steulen

International Regular
Are you saying you will beat Holland if you just play well??? Hah!

<cough>

Indeed, let's hope your form doesn't improve at all between now and early July. Two ODI wins for the Dutch would do nicely, thank you.
Anyway, you will be playing at VRA, where the VideoCon Cup was held two years ago amid *******ial rain on a wicket that was turning square...more Sri Lanka's cup of tea then.

EDIT: that's funny...t.o.r.r.e.n.t. is on the blacklist; I guess this use is OK though :)

Last edited:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Steulen said:
Are you saying you will beat Holland if you just play well??? Hah!

<cough>

Indeed, let's hope your form doesn't improve at all between now and early July. Two ODI wins for the Dutch would do nicely, thank you.
Anyway, you will be playing at VRA, where the VideoCon Cup was held two years ago amid *******ial rain on a wicket that was turning square...more Sri Lanka's cup of tea then.
Well we lost to Bangladesh lately and IMO Holland aren't that far below them. If we don't start pulling our finger out and start playing some decent cricket, anyone can beat us. The way we are playing i can see Ryan ten 'whatever' scoring a quaity hundred against us and getting Holland over the line.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Samuel_Vimes said:
Completely agree. It's not as if Mahmood is doing anything to justify selection at present, and in a one-off situation with 3 of our 1st choice 5 unavailable you have to go for the guy who might actually help you win the game.

EDIT

Just looked at the scorecard - both openers gone for zero. Hoggard must be loving this!

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
wpdavid said:
Completely agree. It's not as if Mahmood is doing anything to justify selection at present, and in a one-off situation with 3 of our 1st choice 5 unavailable you have to go for the guy who might actually help you win the game.
To be fair, Mahmood did get two wickets this morning, too.

(Min Patel and Simon Cook...)

Steulen

International Regular
chaminda_00 said:
Well we lost to Bangladesh lately and IMO Holland aren't that far below them. If we don't start pulling our finger out and start playing some decent cricket, anyone can beat us. The way we are playing i can see Ryan ten 'whatever' scoring a quaity hundred against us and getting Holland over the line.
Ryan ten Whatever will probably be playing for Essex at the time...but maybe Van Bunge can do it :).

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Steulen said:
Ryan ten Whatever will probably be playing for Essex at the time...but maybe Van Bunge can do it :).
It's an ODI. Counties have to give up players for ODIs. I think it's in the rules somewhere.

Steulen

International Regular
..even for DUTCH odi's??

Every time there's a team to be selected, the presence of Ten Doeschate is an issue because of county commitments. And of course there's theoretically a huge difference between refusing to release a player and telling him he will be out of the 1st XI if he goes to play for 'his' country.