• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official - Sri Lanka in Bangladesh***

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Exactly. Many doesn't enjoy plaing both Murali and Mendis in the same team. They may be waiting till Murali retires in about year and a halfs time!
Think you'll find England were perfectly happy to play you guys but got ditched.

Migara

International Coach
The sports minister should be gone. But trust me, Ranatunga will be back very soon. He's a political powerhouse in the current government

cricman

International 12th Man
Appeal System WHere Art Thou?

Any Test With Bucknor should have the Appeal System be Mandatory

Mushifiq is was too short to be a keeper

edit: Warnapura gone

Vandort should follow

Last edited:

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Why on earth does Lanka always play Bangladesh & Zimbabwe???? They just finished a odi series against Zim which no one really gave a crap about. They wonder why younger players never improve. Either the FTP is absolute bullS* or the SLBC/sports ministry (which ever board is running the game) has no flippin idea. The sad thing is, if it keeps going like this we won't get to see much of Mendis running riot against decent opposition.
That's quite a valid concern. Why do SL seem to play Bangladesh and Zimbabwe so often?

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Fantastic stuff from Bangladesh here.

I hope this shuts up some of the posts like "questioning NZ's test status" after we struggled to beat them.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Even though I'm not happy with the batting performance. The sooner we get Matthews and Parana in the side the better. A few more faluires for Dilshan and Prassana and we might finally get our wish.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
With Hossain in some form, taking two wickets, this looks a good, well rounded Bangladesh attack. Mortaza has obvious talent to lead the attack, Alam looks like a steady medium pacer but one capable of a lot of swing away from the right hander, Hossain is a quick wicket taker and Shakib Al Hasan is probably Bangadesh's top bowler. Mendis combined with Muralitharan would have made pretty much any total defendable but Prasad is inconsistent, Herath has only done averagely in his previous Test stints and can Vaas still take major wickets bowling at 120kph most of the time (though he does reserve the ability to crank it up to 130kph).

Migara

International Coach
Even though I'm not happy with the batting performance. The sooner we get Matthews and Parana in the side the better. A few more faluires for Dilshan and Prassana and we might finally get our wish.
Excuse me? Are you referring to Vandort and Dilshan?

For me a batting line up like Vandort, Paranavithana, Sangakkara, M. Jayawardane, Samaraweera, Warnapura and P. Jayawardane looks ideal. Matthews will get his chances when Samaraweera is done with. But ATM, Samaraweera is in very good form

pup11

International Coach
Sri Lanka in a bit of a spot of bother in this test, the kind of form the Lankan batsmen have displayed over some period of time now should be pretty a worrying factor for their side and fans, bloke like Sanga and Jayawardene are class acts but they have been having a torrid time of it off late, the Mendis-Murali combo too would fail to win them many games if the batsmen don't perform.