• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in Australia

pasag

RTDAS
Also, two things that Channel Nine showed that were awesome.

1. The rain in the 1998/99 series vs England, at the 'Gabba. Now that's getting washed out.
2. Highlights of Aravinda DeSilva pulling and hooking vs Australia for 176.
Missed it :(

Watching cricket during the day is so hard sometimes. Love it at night, can just relax with no one bugging you, but here is almost impossible. Thankfully they show the replay on Foxtel. Total ripper from MacGill according to the radio as well I'm upset about missing.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
100 to 150 run lead, this game is ours if MacGill can get a ball to spin that much. Australia have no chance against Murali.

Fair knock from Vandort
I doubt 150 will be enough against this Aussie side...even if Murali was on a real turner...

I think this Test is a lost cause....Only they can save some pride by batting out the remaining deficit and save the ignominy of an innings defeat....And that will be something to take forward to the next Test rather than be shattered by an innings defeat...

It all hinges on if another couple of wickets fall with the new ball, which is due any time when play resumes (tonight or tomorrow)..

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
2. Highlights of Aravinda DeSilva pulling and hooking vs Australia for 176.
If only Sri Lanka could afford the luxury of having another De Silva at his peak in this SL Team ...with Murali the combination would be awesome and we will be winning more tests than losing....:ph34r:

Laurrz

International Debutant
hmm so basically Aus have to get a further 5 wickets in two sessions tomorrow
then get the remaining runs (maybe 60-70 runs) in the final session...

if they're still alive after two sessions then we're in trouble
There's Maharoof and Vaas to go so it could be tough....

pup11

International Coach
I can only see 2 results in this game either a rain enforced draw or an Australian win, congrats to MacGilla for completing 200 test wickets he is nowhere near his best in this test but both his wicket taking balls were absolute rippers and that's his speciality even when he is not bowling too well he can always come up with an absolute peach of a delivery completly out of nowhere.
Anyways guys what is the weather prediction for tomorrow, i hope its good.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Congrats to Macgill on getting 200...well deserved and one of the fastest to 200...At least some satisfaction for a guy who would have played more tests had he been born in a different era to Warne...or in any other country...

Athlai

Not Terrible
Actually predicting SL to set Aus a total of 20 which they will fail to get after Fernando blitzes the Aussie batsman.

SL win by 7 runs.

Fernando 5-5-8-0
Vaas 5-2-2-12

sideshowtim

Banned
Vandort played very well. Impressive innings.

It needed a peach of a delivery to get him, and that's just what Macca did. Great, great ball. Interesting day of cricket. Absorbing is probably the word that best describes it. Nice contest.

pasag

RTDAS
I don't think SL will get the 122 runs tbh, don't mean to sound ****y or anything but will be suprised if it's not an innings win. Feel free to mock this post if they do make it though.

sideshowtim

Banned
I don't think SL will get the 122 runs tbh, don't mean to sound ****y or anything but will be suprised if it's not an innings win. Feel free to mock this post if they do make it though.
I thought they were looking good for it at one stage, but losing Samraweera and Vandort in quick succession was a huge blow. If they do overtake it, it won't be by much. They have a decent tail, but not enough to take them a long way past our total.

Laurrz

International Debutant
it's a fair call because Sri Lanka were 5/119 in the first innings and they made 92 runs with 5 wickets in hand before being bowled out

and Prasanna, Maharoof offered quite a bit of resistance and even if they repeat what they did 92 runs is not enough..they'll need 200

Vaas is the danger man for Aussies... it took a ripper to get him out in the first innings so yea...
still think it's going to be really flat tomorrow.. and if anything the pitch is slower which is even better for Sri Lanka.. MacGill is getting quite slow turn... tough work for him

Laurrz

International Debutant
lol it's interesting that we all think Aus should win..but imagine if Aus were in this position and it was Hussey and Gilchrist at the crease .. hmmm

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
100 to 150 run lead, this game is ours if MacGill can get a ball to spin that much. Australia have no chance against Murali.

Fair knock from Vandort
No way. 100 run lead will not be enough, the wicket hasn't turend into a dustbowl or anything. Murali would be a real handful, and probably pick up 2-3, but Australia would still get home.

No chance of an SL win. Draw the only option for SL.