• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in Australia

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
So you agree that we should shorten Test matches?

This guy is kidding himself.
Haha. I did say 'a lot' and not everything. That was surprising to come from him, but that being said I don't think he was necessarily saying it should happen, just that it may.

But as Prince said, he was talking sense before the break. :p

sideshowtim

Banned
Slats is dead on. With the increasing popularity of T20, I too am worried about the value of the baggy green. They're all making some excellent points regarding the game.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Yeah, especially regarding how Sri Lanka should be approaching their innings. If you let Australia dictate terms too much, even though you've batted for a long time - a couple of quick wickets and suddenly you're still behind, or not far enough ahead. Fair enough, it is a couple of defensive batsmen in at the moment, and they are playing their natural game really to an extent, but you still need to remain in a positive mode.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Starting to take a real shine to Michael Slater. Has a lot of passion about the game.

burr

State Vice-Captain
Awesome! Really happy for Stuey, well done. What a ball for your 200th. Good innings though, well done all round :)

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
100 to 150 run lead, this game is ours if MacGill can get a ball to spin that much. Australia have no chance against Murali.

Fair knock from Vandort

JBH001

International Regular
I
Also, could watch Mahela play cover drives all day. Almost good as watching Vaughan do it.
Yeah, that was a great shot. I close my eyes and I can still see it. Absolutely lovely.

This test is a 'might have been' for SL. Even now, it still is.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Also, two things that Channel Nine showed that were awesome.

1. The rain in the 1998/99 series vs England, at the 'Gabba. Now that's getting washed out.
2. Highlights of Aravinda DeSilva pulling and hooking vs Australia for 176.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Also, two things that Channel Nine showed that were awesome.

1. The rain in the 1998/99 series vs England, at the 'Gabba. Now that's getting washed out.
2. Highlights of Aravinda DeSilva pulling and hooking vs Australia for 176.
Indeed, the way that the rain and lightning just struck all of a sudden was really impressive. The amount of rain on the field reminded me of Lords earlier in the year, but at Lords the drainage system worked wonders and they only lost about an hours play.