• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa Tour of the West Indies, AUGUST 6th to 26th, 2024-- 2 TESTS & 3 T20Is

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
I hate it when JHo opens the bowling. It is just so damn slow; sets a terrible tone. That is especially true when he is supposed to bowl less now and focus on batting at number 6.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I hate it when JHo opens the bowling. It is just so damn slow; sets a terrible tone. That is especially true when he is supposed to bowl less now and focus on batting at number 6.
Yeah I'm not sure he should be in the side at all but he's being treated like the second coming of Keith Miller with the new ball on Day 1 and a plum batting position.

Honestly not even convinced he's better than Greaves anymore.

(cue MOTM)

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What's happened to Mayers?
(Franchise cricket has lit his eyes up)

He made a decent splash in the IPL that year when he was playing in front of QDK.

The SA franchise also had him.

He opted out of a WI contract…and the rest is history.

He is still considered for the T20I team tho

SillyCowCorner1

Jason Holder’s role as a bowler is holding down the score of runs. He is not a strike bowler. Why is he bowling with the new ball? He swings it more. I recall a time when he was captain that he’d opened the bowling and get success early. However, this is mostly in the second innings of a test match.

Beamer

(Franchise cricket lit his eyes up)

He is in the business sector in an economy that is growing rapidly in Guyana.
I'd also add that he was never that good at white ball bowling and yet has constantly been pigeon holed for those formats.

He has an insane red ball record and yet never plays. Injuries at the wrong time haven't helped.

Another example of us wasting talent.

SillyCowCorner1

I'd also add that he was never that good at white ball bowling and yet has constantly been pigeon holed for those formats.

He has an insane red ball record and yet never plays. Injuries at the wrong time haven't helped.

Another example of us wasting talent.
It’s a weird cycle. Perform in red ball, FC…get picked for WI…perform…get picked up by franchise…suck in said franchises…into obscurity.

Then, make an emphatic return!

Beamer

It’s a weird cycle. Perform in red ball, FC…get picked for WI…perform…get picked up by franchise…suck in said franchises…into obscurity.

Then, make an emphatic return!
I would like to see him play a season of red ball cricket, dominate as he always does. I rate him as a red ball bowler.