• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa Tour of the West Indies, AUGUST 6th to 26th, 2024-- 2 TESTS & 3 T20Is

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
South Africa is loving it in the Caribbean!

1st Test • Port of Spain, August 07 - 11, 2024
2nd Test • Providence, August 15 - 19, 2024
1st T20I • Tarouba
2nd T20I • Tarouba
3rd T20I • Tarouba

The Providence gets test match cricket after a hiatus of 13 years!

Northerner

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
this should be imo the Test squad,

Markram
De Zorzi give him a run in the side
Rickleton give him a run in the side
Bavuma
Petersen, needs to perform
Verreynne needs to perform
Bedingham

Stubbs as cover,

Rabada
Nortje if fit enough for tests.
Burger
Maharaj
Ngidi
Jansen
Coetzee

Neil Brand i would give him a go in the sub continent,

Last edited:

SillyCowCorner1

South Africa has named their test squad for the upcoming series.

Temba Bavuma (c), David Bedingham, Matthew Breetzke, Nandre Burger, Gerald Coetzee, Tony de Zorzi, Keshav Maharaj, Aiden Markram, Wiaan Mulder, Lungi Ngidi, Dane Paterson, Dane Piedt, Kagiso Rabada, Tristan Stubbs, Ryan Rickelton, Kyle Verreynne

Last edited:

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sys something about how much the IPL has swallowed the West Indies home test season - traditionally February to May - that they're holding the T&T test at the wettest time of the year there.

SillyCowCorner1

South Africa has named their test squad for the upcoming series.

Temba Bavuma (c), David Bedingham, Matthew Breetzke, Nandre Burger, Gerald Coetzee, Tony de Zorzi, Keshav Maharaj, Aiden Markram, Wiaan Mulder, Lungi Ngidi, Dane Paterson, Dane Piedt, Kagiso Rabada, Tristan Stubbs, Ryan Rickelton, Kyle Verreynne
Team news:

Fast bowler Gerald Coetzee has been ruled out of South Africa's upcoming Test series against West Indies because of a side strain, which he picked up during the USA's T20 franchise league, Major League Cricket (MLC). Migael Pretorius, uncapped at Test level but with the experience of 64 first-class games to his credit, comes in as Coetzee's replacement

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
The warm up match is on Wednesday. This squad has been announced:

Justin Greaves (Captain)
Keacy Carty (Vice Captain)
Jediah Blades
Joshua Bishop
Tagenarine Chanderpaul
Bryan Charles
Amir Jangoo
Anderson Phillip
Nial Smith
Jeremy Solozano
Shamar Springer
Isai Thorne
Kevin Wickham
Kemar Roach

Kirks place is surely up for grabs, so it is a good opportunity for Keacy Carty, Amir Jangoo and Kevin Wickham to state their claim.

Only Wickham excites me as a potentially world class batsman on that list. Why on earth Kevlon Anderson didn't get a pick is beyond me.

On the bowling side they might want to rest Alzarri, so it will be interesting to see how Roach is holding up and also if Isaiah Thorne is tightening up his consistency to go with the undoubted pace and movement.

SillyCowCorner1

The warm up match is on Wednesday. This squad has been announced:

Justin Greaves (Captain)
Keacy Carty (Vice Captain)
Jediah Blades
Joshua Bishop
Tagenarine Chanderpaul
Bryan Charles
Amir Jangoo
Anderson Phillip
Nial Smith
Jeremy Solozano
Shamar Springer
Isai Thorne
Kevin Wickham
Kemar Roach

Kirks place is surely up for grabs, so it is a good opportunity for Keacy Carty, Amir Jangoo and Kevin Wickham to state their claim.

Only Wickham excites me as a potentially world class batsman on that list. Why on earth Kevlon Anderson didn't get a pick is beyond me.

On the bowling side they might want to rest Alzarri, so it will be interesting to see how Roach is holding up and also if Isaiah Thorne is tightening up his consistency to go with the undoubted pace and movement.
We need Tage back also, but I was hoping that Imlach would have played this ongoing game to see what he can bring to the team.

Wickham is a very composed batsman, probably the best technique in the region after Shai and Brandon King.

Beamer

We need Tage back also, but I was hoping that Imlach would have played this ongoing game to see what he can bring to the team.

Wickham is a very composed batsman, probably the best technique in the region after Shai and Brandon King.
What do you think of Kevlon Anderson? I think he is up there with Wickham and should be in this side.

SillyCowCorner1

What do you think of Kevlon Anderson? I think he is up there with Wickham and should be in this side.
Honestly speaking, Kevlon is the young batsman in the region with the best temperament. He reminds me of a young Carl Hooper. That is all I will say about him. Wickham’s ceiling is much higher than him.

And both of them are much better than Kirk.

Beamer

I would like to see one more solid season or A tour for Anderson and Wickham.

I'd replace McKenzie with King. But that's way to creative for us.

SillyCowCorner1

I would like to see one more solid season or A tour for Anderson and Wickham.

I'd replace McKenzie with King. But that's way to creative for us.
The ship for this has already sailed. They don’t wanna try new things. I’ll also add that Hetmyer as an opening batsman is a mouthwatering aspiration (His last FC game he opened with Tage, I think)

Beamer

The ship for this has already sailed. They don’t wanna try new things. I’ll also add that Hetmyer as an opening batsman is a mouthwatering aspiration (His last FC game he opened with Tage, I think)
I keep dreaming that they will just say f**k it and ask Pooran and King to play tests. I just don't see what we have to lose.

SillyCowCorner1

I keep dreaming that they will just say f**k it and ask Pooran and King to play tests. I just don't see what we have to lose.
The over-saturation of the white ball game for our players further limits their mental acumen to play the longer game.
Kraigg used to bat until the cows come home, now he is as susceptible as Kirk with his pokes.

Anyways, lemme address what you said here…we are treating this sh!t like it’s the 90s. Our mentality lies there…we haven’t adapted and that is our biggest vulnerability.

SillyCowCorner1

Our squad will be named today, expecting Shai Hope and Keacy Carty in as per the rumors that the CCP guys heard...holding my breath.

SillyCowCorner1

Playing xi for the warmup match between the South Africans and the West Indies xi which starts today:

West Indies
Kevin Wickham
Shamar Springer
Anderson Phillip
Amir Jangoo (wk)
Justin Greaves (capt.)
Bryan Charles
Tagenarine Chanderpaul
Keacy Carty
Joshua Bishop
Jeremy Solozano
Kemar Roach

South Africa
Aiden Markram
Tony de Zorzi
Tristan Stubbs
Temba Bavuma (capt.)
David Bedingham
Ryan Rickelton
Kyle Verreynne (wk)
Wiaan Mulder
Keshav Maharaj
Kagiso Rabado
Nandre Burger

Beamer

Playing xi for the warmup match between the South Africans and the West Indies xi which starts today:

West Indies
Kevin Wickham
Shamar Springer
Anderson Phillip
Amir Jangoo (wk)
Justin Greaves (capt.)
Bryan Charles
Tagenarine Chanderpaul
Keacy Carty
Joshua Bishop
Jeremy Solozano
Kemar Roach

South Africa
Aiden Markram
Tony de Zorzi
Tristan Stubbs
Temba Bavuma (capt.)
David Bedingham
Ryan Rickelton
Kyle Verreynne (wk)
Wiaan Mulder
Keshav Maharaj
Kagiso Rabado
Nandre Burger
Looks like 13 a side, non FC in the end as Dane piedt and others got a bowl.