• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in India

funnygirl

State Regular
Wasim Jaffer ,why he is in the team . Can only score against Mohammed Sami .Can't even survive one single over from decent quickies even in flat tracks . Worst opener ,period!

ret

International Debutant
Wasim Jaffer ,why he is in the team . Can only score against Mohammed Sami .Can't even survive one single over from decent quickies even in flat tracks . Worst opener ,period!
i agree that Jaffar should not be in the squad .... who in your opinion should open the inning, along with Sehwag?

Nishant

International 12th Man
i agree that Jaffar should not be in the squad .... who in your opinion should open the inning, along with Sehwag?
ill b honest... i dnt think that jaffer shud b dropped just yet...he has scored some runs and when he does score he scores big...he might have failed in the last test match...but then so did most of the team. now we cant just say that we must replace the whole team. As for the theory that he is a flat track bully...the same can be said for sehwag...and a few months ago...he was bein attacked with this very argument and everyone wanted him out of the team etc etc...now with one big score he becomes a cerainty. I think its abt tym we looked at the bigger picture....jaffer deserves a longer run in the test side...i dont think he should be dropped...especially nt for chopra.

ret

International Debutant
ill b honest... i dnt think that jaffer shud b dropped just yet...he has scored some runs and when he does score he scores big...he might have failed in the last test match...but then so did most of the team. now we cant just say that we must replace the whole team. As for the theory that he is a flat track bully...the same can be said for sehwag...and a few months ago...he was bein attacked with this very argument and everyone wanted him out of the team etc etc...now with one big score he becomes a cerainty. I think its abt tym we looked at the bigger picture....jaffer deserves a longer run in the test side...i dont think he should be dropped...especially nt for chopra.
haha .... why don't you see the records and you ll get the answer .... Jaffar has failed in 4 of his last 5 tests that he has played, i.e. if you want to count that 70 odd. which translates into one 50+ score in 9 innings!!!! .... and did you see how he played the quicks in SA?

surely, you are seeing the big picture and thanks for being honest :p

Last edited:

Nishant

International 12th Man
haha .... why don't you see the records and you ll get the answer .... Jaffar has failed in 4 of his last 5 tests that he has played, i.e. if you want to count that 70 odd. which translates into one 50+ score in 9 innings!!!! .... and did you see how he played the quicks in SA?

surely, you are seeing the big picture and thanks for being honest :p
lol......for ur information...i did infact see the way he palyed the quicks in SA...but i also saw the way the others played those quicks as well...ur just picking on one player because he has failed recently....shall we look at Dravids scores recently? well...frm the way u think, we shud drop him as well!! obviously...this wouldnt happen for obvious reasons. im nt sayin that jaffer should be a certainty in the team...but he most defintely should be given a longer period in the team...even if it means a few more test matches. Its more abt common sense...its nt favouritism...give him a few more matches...if he still fails when the rest are successful...then throw him out...until then...keep ur mouth shut!

ret

International Debutant
lol......for ur information...i did infact see the way he palyed the quicks in SA...but i also saw the way the others played those quicks as well...ur just picking on one player because he has failed recently....shall we look at Dravids scores recently? well...frm the way u think, we shud drop him as well!! obviously...this wouldnt happen for obvious reasons. im nt sayin that jaffer should be a certainty in the team...but he most defintely should be given a longer period in the team...even if it means a few more test matches. Its more abt common sense...its nt favouritism...give him a few more matches...if he still fails when the rest are successful...then throw him out...until then...keep ur mouth shut!
nah, Jaffar played in both the tests and ODIs in SA and was pretty comical in the way he batted .... sometimes being late on the ball

and yeah you are free to bring in Dravid score to the table, bring it on .... if you know what you are talking abt then you wouldn't bring Dravid in :p

dude, he has been given enough run .... he has shown little improvement nor match-winning/saving abilities .... the point has come where even if he does well in the next game, if he is played, he should be dropped coz his random success would only imply more failures coming up

you are free to debate here as your posts give me a good laugh :laugh: but yeah if you want to be taken seriously then do some research first

Nishant

International 12th Man
nah, Jaffar played in both the tests and ODIs in SA and was pretty comical in the way he batted .... sometimes being late on the ball

and yeah you are free to bring in Dravid score to the table, bring it on .... if you know what you are talking abt then you wouldn't bring Dravid in :p

dude, he has been given enough run .... he has shown little improvement nor match-winning/saving abilities .... the point has come where even if he does well in the next game, if he is played, he should be dropped coz his random success would only imply more failures coming up

you are free to debate here as your posts give me a good laugh :laugh: but yeah if you want to be taken seriously then do some research first
looks lyk u havent dun ur research mate...as for ur posts...they dnt make me laugh...they make me sad in disgust tbh...

im bringin Dravid into this because i DO kno wot im on abt...whereas u on the other hand hav no clue what ur chattin abt and are frankly quite ****y. But, no problem...anywayz....the fact that we can never drop Dravid just because he has had a few bad scores is the smae reason we cant drop jaffer. just because one is called Dravid and one is called Jaffer does not change anything. And if ur considering telling me that Dravid has proved himself ober many yrs blah blah blah...then mate...i live in the present and its abt tym u do as well.

btw...im nt sure u saw that ind/sa series....jaffer was nt the only comical batsman in that tour especially the ODIs.

ret

International Debutant
the fact that we can never drop Dravid just because he has had a few bad scores is the smae reason we cant drop jaffer. just because one is called Dravid and one is called Jaffer does not change anything. And if ur considering telling me that Dravid has proved himself ober many yrs blah blah blah...then mate...i live in the present and its abt tym u do as well.

btw...im nt sure u saw that ind/sa series....jaffer was nt the only comical batsman in that tour especially the ODIs.
I will repeat again, Jaffar has one 50 in his last 9 innings, thats more like one good random inning amongst failures and not a few bad scores like you are saying .... could you show something like that for Dravid, if you can't then whats the point in comparing Dravid's failures with the abysmal failures of Jaffar

Nishant

International 12th Man
I will repeat again, Jaffar has one 50 in his last 9 innings, thats more like one good random inning amongst failures and not a few bad scores like you are saying .... could you show something like that for Dravid, if you can't then whats the point in comparing Dravid's failures with the abysmal failures of Jaffar
looks lyk u havent been watchin the cricket lately...but if u must, Dravid has scored one century and one fifty in his last nine games...nt sure u will realise...but thats not all that better than Jaffer! BUT...u still dnt gt gt it do u!!!! We're nt chatting abt whether or not Dravid should be in the team or not....im sayin for the 3rd time....that if Dravid position is nt sooooo badly debated then why Jaffer. Fine....i agree that Jaffer should not be a certainty in this team, but what logic is there in removing him mid-series? Giv him a few more matches and then decide!!! is that so hard to understand??

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I would want Jaffer removed now, but it is understandable to give him until the end of the series.

Nishant

International 12th Man
I would want Jaffer removed now, but it is understandable to give him until the end of the series.
yep...its definitely understandable to want Jaffer out now...but in all fairness to the man himself, he deserves at least till the end of the series to show us if he can get any better. if he cannot prove himself, then there are others waiting to replace him. Fair play and Jaffer cannot feel hard done by.

ret

International Debutant
looks lyk u havent been watchin the cricket lately...but if u must, Dravid has scored one century and one fifty in his last nine games...nt sure u will realise...but thats not all that better than Jaffer! BUT...u still dnt gt gt it do u!!!! We're nt chatting abt whether or not Dravid should be in the team or not....im sayin for the 3rd time....that if Dravid position is nt sooooo badly debated then why Jaffer. Fine....i agree that Jaffer should not be a certainty in this team, but what logic is there in removing him mid-series? Giv him a few more matches and then decide!!! is that so hard to understand??
Dravid should go too if he is not playing well but his performances are not as bad as Jaffar's .... and Dravid's last 9 innings are 53, 38 .... 93, 3 .... 18, 11* .... 111 .... 3, 17 .

i guess that will tell you why Dravid's position is not that much debated

And Jaffar should not be in the Indian 11 in the first place but he is in the squad for the game at Kanpur so whats your problem

Nishant

International 12th Man
Dravid should go too if he is not playing well but his performances are not as bad as Jaffar's .... and Dravid's last 9 innings are 53, 38 .... 93, 3 .... 18, 11* .... 111 .... 3, 17 .

i guess that will tell you why Dravid's position is not that much debated

And Jaffar should not be in the Indian 11 in the first place but he is in the squad for the game at Kanpur so whats your problem
i never said that Dravid's scores were as bad as Jaffers...but they're not any better tbh...plus im not sayin that we shud give Dravid one more test match and if he does not do well, lets get rid of him am i? BUT...i am for jaffer....u are goin way off-topic here!!!

ret

International Debutant
i never said that Dravid's scores were as bad as Jaffers...but they're not any better tbh...plus im not sayin that we shud give Dravid one more test match and if he does not do well, lets get rid of him am i? BUT...i am for jaffer....
Jaffar's last 9 innings

4, 15 .... 3, 0 .... 16, 11 .... 73 .... 9, 19

comparing that^ with Dravid's is like comparing chalk with cheese

Nishant

International 12th Man
Jaffar's last 9 innings

4, 15 .... 3, 0 .... 16, 11 .... 73 .... 9, 19

comparing that^ with Dravid's is like comparing chalk with cheese
shish m8!!!! u really dnt gt the point do u!!!!!! This aint no comparison between dravid and Jaffer is it??? read my last post again...plz...for the luv of god read it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ret

International Debutant
shish m8!!!! u really dnt gt the point do u!!!!!! This aint no comparison between dravid and Jaffer is it??? read my last post again...plz...for the luv of god read it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dude, i read it .... if you can't take it then stop making ******** comparisons to make your point, which is not even a point

Nishant

International 12th Man
dude, i read it .... if you can't take it then stop making ******** comparisons to make your point, which is not even a point
you are persistin with ur stupid point!!! IM NOT MAKING COMPARISONS!!!! do u understand the words on ur screen? im sayin; give jaffer a last chance!!!! he deserves that!!!

ret

International Debutant
you are persistin with ur stupid point!!! IM NOT MAKING COMPARISONS!!!! do u understand the words on ur screen? im sayin; give jaffer a last chance!!!! he deserves that!!!
Jaffar is in the squad, is he not? so whats the point in saying give him a last chance

and who typed the crap below, if that is not comparing then what comparing is :laugh:

shall we look at Dravids scores recently? well...frm the way u think, we shud drop him as well!

m bringin Dravid into this because i DO kno wot im on abt...whereas u on the other hand hav no clue what ur chattin abt and are frankly quite ****y. But, no problem...anywayz....the fact that we can never drop Dravid just because he has had a few bad scores is the smae reason we cant drop jaffer. just because one is called Dravid and one is called Jaffer does not change anything. And if ur considering telling me that Dravid has proved himself ober many yrs blah blah blah...then mate...i live in the present and its abt tym u do as well.

but if u must, Dravid has scored one century and one fifty in his last nine games...nt sure u will realise...but thats not all that better than Jaffer!

jeevan

International 12th Man
If India's considering playing three spinners, but Ganguly's seam-up is considered inadequate to open the bowling, we may very well see the following squad for the next test:

Sehwag,Pathan,Dravid,Laxman,Ganguly,Kaif,Dhoni,Kumble,Harbhajan,Chawla/Powar,Ishant/Sree

Though Kumble in this series has not been anything like a decent #8 with the bat.