• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in India 2015

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Oh please.

Okay thats it, i hope there is a situation where your team gets put in when its overcast and damp and gets rolled out for 66 or 51 and then when the oppositions bats its warm sunny conditions. Then we will see the true colours.
can you point out, and be specific, at what point did the pitch conditions change?

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
ftr, for those bringing up Ashwin's average in the last series in Australia clearly didn't watch him bowl. He was genuinely good there, and most people in the thread actually watching the game agreed at the time.

Jadeja isn't a good bowler where there isn't any assistance though, that much I agree with social

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
ftr, for those bringing up Ashwin's average in the last series in Australia clearly didn't watch him bowl. He was genuinely good there, and most people in the thread actually watching the game agreed at the time.
Not worth it man. These guys are just intent on pushing a bull**** narrative based off scorecards and their own incorrect perceptions of how cricket works and the players involved.

Just so dire.

Heboric

International Debutant
Hi are you ever going to explain how the toss caused SA to lose this match or are you going to continue to spout irrelevant rubbish.
Yes i will stick with what i said, the team batting first had the use of the pitch at its best and I am confident the Proteas would have batted better. I am struggling how you are misunderstanding it.

Haha he's bringing Sydney 2008 into it when we are debating pitches, lol.
I am bringing up Sydney because when India lost there , there was no "Should have played better" or "thats just the game" type of statements going on. I am very surprised people seem to forget abot that. Its not about the pitch, its the attitude of some who wont allow alternate views. When their team wins its just the old "suck it up" but when its reversed (like Sydney) all hell breaks loose.

cnerd123

likes this
Yes i will stick with what i said, the team batting first had the use of the pitch at its best and I am confident the Proteas would have batted better. I am struggling how you are misunderstanding it.
So the pitch was at it's best in the first 2 and half sessions, and deteriorated rapidly right before the start of SA's innings?
Did it suddenly become good to bat on again in the 3rd and 4th innings, which both were longer and saw more runs?

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Cheers. Plz don't post again.
Enjoy the win but do try harder to see it both ways as it gets really boring when people take things personally

I will close by stating the obvious: Aus and India are ranked 3rd & 4th in the world respectively because our teams aren't very good

harsh.ag

So what happened in the 4th innings. How did it become better?

I am bringing up Sydney because when India lost there , there was no "Should have played better" or "thats just the game" type of statements going on. I am very surprised people seem to forget abot that. Its not about the pitch, its the attitude of some who wont allow alternate views. When their team wins its just the old "suck it up" but when its reversed (like Sydney) all hell breaks loose.
Clearly arguing with ***** and OS on this topic gives you licence to call them "those Indian fans who can't handle a loss". They can just fine. If you don't believe me, check out the tour threads where India lost in the last 3-4 years.

social

Jadeja isn't a good bowler where there isn't any assistance though, that much I agree with social
Ashwin was rubbish, I'm afraid (as he was in England)

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Enjoy the win but do try harder to see it both ways as it gets really boring when people take things personally

I will close by stating the obvious: Aus and India are ranked 3rd & 4th in the world respectively because our teams aren't very good
They are going to be 2 and 3 very soon as soon as India complete this series and Australia complete the boring formality aka 3-0 whitewash of West Indies. :ph34r:

Last edited:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Ya that series was the turning point in Ashwin's career. He turned from a good bowler to a very good/great bowler from that point. And there are technical reasons behind the change, but I won't go into the details. He had such immaculate control, and used his variations so wisely in that series. He was so consistently economical in that series. Not even in a single innings he conceded > 3 rpo. I don't know when last a finger-spinner was so consistently economical against Australia in Australia.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Yeah, I'm not one whose butthurt enough to desperately try to spin a hollow "victory" via a doctored mud pit into a great achievement in fair conditions. But please go on.:laugh:
Oh no, he's posted a smiley indicating that he isn't hurting, but is rather enjoying the fallout of the loss :-O

Heboric

International Debutant
So what happened in the 4th innings. How did it become better?

Clearly arguing with ***** and OS on this topic gives you licence to call them "those Indian fans who can't handle a loss". They can just fine. If you don't believe me, check out the tour threads where India lost in the last 3-4 years.
Well it was Australia vs India and India lost so it was some Indian supporters who were going on. Its just what it was.