• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in India 2015

Heboric

International Debutant
Pray tell how the pitch deteriorated so rapidly at the beginning of day 2 that SA could barely manage a third of India's first innings total. Glad to listen.

I'm willing to accept, and in fact, share the following criticisms of the pitch:

1) That the pitch helped spin so much that even part timers were able to be far more threatening than their actual quality should allow them to

2) There was some inconsistent turn and bounce

3) It was extremely difficult to get set and the bat-ball balance was titled heavily in favour of the ball

However, the following are completely unsubstantiated and flat out wrong conclusions about the pitch and the match:

1) That the only way to play was to slog and that patient grafting would get you nowhere. Nonsense. Sure, you need to be positive but the fact that people found it possible to defend shots like Faf's in the first innings by blaming the pitch just blew my mind.

2) That the toss won India the match and guaranteed SA a defeat. No. South Africa collapsed like a heap on day 2 of the match. The pitch behaved pretty similarly throughout all 3 days. Amla and Faf managed to scrap together a good partnership in the 4th innings when the pitch was supposed to crumble into martian dust. If they'd batted half as well on day 2 and hadn't thrown their wickets away like complete numpties, SA would've been neck and neck with India.

So, no, the toss didn't screw SA. SA screwed SA.

3) That the pitch made for a match which wasn't entertaining. Nope. Was lovely to watch imo. And again, would've been a wonderfully close, tight game if SA hadn't batted like idiots on day 2.

That is all. Continue your ****fight but I've laid everything out here for both sides.
Oh please.

Okay thats it, i hope there is a situation where your team gets put in when its overcast and damp and gets rolled out for 66 or 51 and then when the oppositions bats its warm sunny conditions. Then we will see the true colours.

cnerd123

likes this
OMG, why the **** would I care who won or lost?

I AM AUSTRALIAN
IDK. I'm guessing because your perception of Ashwin, Jadeja and Mishra is that of them being no good, you personally rank batsman like ABDV, Amla, Faf, Kohli and Rahane very highly, and overall think SA are a lot better team than India and expected them put up more of a fight, if not win, this series. You also probably view spin-dominated cricket as a form of anti-cricket, and hence the easiest narrative for you in order to explain this match, or indeed this series, is that the pitches must be **** and India only won because they refused to engage SA in good, sporting 'fair' wickets. This narrative also explains to you why the seamers haven't done much (and thus SA were not able to dominate since such a key component was taken out of the picture) and how Elgar could take 4 wickets.

Ignore the possibility that batsmen on both sides have played the spin terribly, that Ashwin Jadeja and Mishra have bowled really well, and that the pitches have offered something for the quicks as evident by Philand, Morkel, Rabada and Ishant's spells at various junctions. Just stick to what you think is right. The world is easier that way.

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
Oh please.

Okay thats it, i hope there is a situation where your team gets put in when its overcast and damp and gets rolled out for 66 or 51 and then when the oppositions bats its warm sunny conditions. Then we will see the true colours.
> Claim the toss played a factor
> Gets called out to explain it
> Doesn't explain it
> Wishes ill on the other team

Good stuff.

Tec15

First Class Debutant
Anyway what do people think will be the bowling figures for Ashwin and Jadeja in their next match outside India?

My vote: Ashwin 1-126, Jadeja 0-98.

cnerd123

likes this
Yeah, I'm not one whose butthurt enough to desperately try to spin a hollow "victory" via a doctored mud pit into a great achievement in fair conditions. But please go on.:laugh:
Anyway what do people think will be the bowling figures for Ashwin and Jadeja in their next match outside India?

Such a bitter cricket fan.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member

IIRC Ashwin was the highest wicket-taker among both sides during the last series outside India. :p

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Oh please.

Yeah, I'm not one whose butthurt enough to desperately try to spin a hollow "victory" via a doctored mud pit into a great achievement in fair conditions. But please go on.:laugh:

These are very bad posts and you should feel bad.

Heboric

International Debutant
> Claim the toss played a factor
> Gets called out to explain it
> Doesn't explain it
> Wishes ill on the other team

Good stuff.
Simple, people are trying to dismiss it because their team did not lose. But I call bull, if the roles were reversed the self same people will be singing a different tune.

Sydney 2008 ....

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
Simple, people are trying to dismiss it because there team did not lose. But I call bull, if the rolls were reversed the self same people will be singing a different tune.

Sydney 2008 ....
You still haven't explained how the toss is to blame for SA's loss in this game.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
IDK. I'm guessing because your perception of Ashwin, Jadeja and Mishra is that of them being no good, you personally rank batsman like ABDV, Amla, Faf, Kohli and Rahane very highly, and overall think SA are a lot better team than India and expected them put up more of a fight, if not win, this series. You also probably view spin-dominated cricket as a form of anti-cricket, and hence the easiest narrative for you in order to explain this match, or indeed this series, is that the pitches must be **** and India only won because they refused to engage SA in good, sporting 'fair' wickets. This narrative also explains to you why the seamers haven't done much (and thus SA were not able to dominate since such a key component of them was taken out of the picture) and how Elgar could take 4 wickets.

Ignore the possibility that batsmen on both sides have played the spin terribly, that Ashwin Jadeja and Mishra have bowled really well, and that the pitches have offered something for the quicks as evident by Philand, Morkel, Rabada and Ishant's spells at various junctions. Just stick to what you think is right. The world is easier that way.
Mystifying how you got that from my posts

For what it's worth

Ashwin: talented but overall figures are flattered by his performances at home - lacks accuracy and variation on good pitches

Jadeja: hack who bowls left arm darts and relies on the pitch for assistance. Also completely soft and brain-dead with the bat

Mishra: good bowler that has been harshly treated by Indian selectors

Kohli: overrated and miles behind ABDV, Williamson, Smith, Warner, Root, Matthews, etc

Vijay & Pujara: very good, solid international players

Rahane: good on quick decks but sorely lacking at home so far

Ishant: massively improved

SA: without Steyn going nuts they look to be the worst team since readmission and are sorely lacking in many positions

etc, etc

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
Mystifying how you got that from my posts

For what it's worth

Ashwin: talented but overall figures are flattered by his performances at home - lacks accuracy and variation on good pitches
30 pages and you still spout this 'good pitch' rubbish.

Urgh you're not worth it.

Also, how on earth does the quality of the pitch affect Ashwin's accuracy? wtf.

cnerd123

likes this
Nevermind, you honestly dont remember the fallout from Sydney 2008, there were no "Hard luck chaps" going around then. People are still moaning about that today.
Hi are you ever going to explain how the toss caused SA to lose this match or are you going to continue to spout irrelevant rubbish.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
30 pages and you still spout this 'good pitch' rubbish.

Urgh you're not worth it.

Also, how on earth does the quality of the pitch affect Ashwin's accuracy? wtf.
Post again when you have seen a match played outside India

Hint: Jadeja averages 15 with the ball at home and 46 away

How can this be if he bowls the same length?:laugh:

Last edited: