• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in India 2015

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I saw the first 4 wickets and it didn't seem so much like excellent bowling or shoddy batting...just plain rusty batting..when you're a tad lazy on the first day of the first test match.
Nah you gotta watch the whole session to get a proper feel of what I'm saying. The highlights don't tell the story.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Didn't seem lazy to me.. Rahane was beaten for length and Pujara misjudged the turn. Dhawan and Kohli did fall to bad shots.
Lazy in the sense that Dhawan and Kohli wouldn't have gotten out to those shots had they played them at 40* as opposed to the second/third delivery they faced. Kohli tried to work the ball to the leg side, a scoring shot. The old fashioned defence at the beginning might have been more handy.

Again with Pujara, it was like he didn't even consider that Elgar might have variety.

Daemon

**** that's gun bowling. He's varying the turn on purpose with the angle of the seam.

indiaholic

International Captain
Lazy in the sense that Dhawan and Kohli wouldn't have gotten out to those shots had they played them at 40* as opposed to the second/third delivery they faced. Kohli tried to work the ball to the leg side, a scoring shot. The old fashioned defence at the beginning might have been more handy.

Again with Pujara, it was like he didn't even consider that Elgar might have variety.
It was the sort of variety that Jadeja has.. He doesn't necessarily want to bowl the arm ball, the ball just doesn't spin.

indiaholic

International Captain
Not saying that everybody couldn't have played better but the bowling was genuinely good.. Elgar tossed it up, got some turn and the pace attack was very disciplined.

Daemon

just watching aaron playing here is annoying me. he's not a good bowler. just hope he gets reverse later and isn't completely useless.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Elgar should go next. 3(23). How often do you see batsmen recover from that in tests these days in a helpful pitch?