• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in India 2015

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Very interesting.

And a debut for Rabada, with Tahir playing. Philander batting at 7 makes this a rather long tail -tho Harmer and Rabada can hold a bat.

Should be a verrryyy interesting test.
Slight correction!

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Perfect XI. Bhuvi would generally be preferred but he seemed very jaded by the end of the ODI series. Yadav and Aaron, on the other hand, should be raring to go. The 3 spinners will be bowling the bulk of the overs, so Yadav and Aaron can bowl short, fast bursts.

I'm going for Day 4 (and Day 5 if it lasts) for this. Game on!

Have fun :) post some pics if u get them.

longranger

U19 Cricketer
If the Indian spinners get through the South Africa top order quickly, I could see RSA folding for a <200 total once in this game.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Interesting that RSA went for 5 bowlers with two spinners, an ideadat was shot down by all posters except PEWS here when I first expressed it.
Never said it couldn`t happen, said that I disagreed with them playing two spiners just because they are in India. Still not convinced with Tahir. We shall see.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think Tahir will do alright if he doesn't give it too much air. Tipping Harmer to go at ~4 an over with a couple of cheap wickets from lazy batting but overall being ineffective.

Last edited:

test cricketer

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
losing the toss makes things hard for us, but i reckon south africas strategy will be bowl india out cheaply , say 200 or less and then score 400+ and only bat once, or give ourselves a small target (jesus the pitch looks like a minefield)

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
watch now as steyn bowls his ***y outswingers and vijay keeps watching them pass him. eventually steyn will start to get closer and closer to the stumps when vijay finally clips him to the legside with his even ***ier wrists.

meanwhile dhawan on the other end will probably get out.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
watch now as steyn bowls his ***y outswingers and vijay keeps watching them pass him. eventually steyn will start to get closer and closer to the stumps when vijay finally clips him to the legside with his even ***ier wrists.

meanwhile dhawan on the other end will probably get out.
perfect