• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in India 2015

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What's death in test matches? Do you mean with the old ball?
Oops, thought we were talking about ODIs, missed the part where you said Mohali.

Is Pandey still in the frame? Steady bowler imo.

Mohit hits the deck, tends to be on the shorter side and is a bit up and down imo, won't do too well I feel. Not sure if he gets any reverse either.

Bhuv, Pandey or Aaron for the 2nd seamer, really not fussed either way. Bhuvi is still accurate and not completely brain dead like Aaron so I'd lean towards him because we have enough inconsistency in Yadav as it is.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Oops, thought we were talking about ODIs, missed the part where you said Mohali.

Is Pandey still in the frame? Steady bowler imo.

Mohit hits the deck, tends to be on the shorter side and is a bit up and down imo, won't do too well I feel. Not sure if he gets any reverse either.

Bhuv, Pandey or Aaron for the 2nd seamer, really not fussed either way. Bhuvi is still accurate and not completely brain dead like Aaron so I'd lean towards him because we have enough inconsistency in Yadav as it is.
Picking someone who is going to bowl a total of 10 overs in the test doesn't warrant so much discussion. Anyways, almost all overs are going to be bowled by the spinners.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What has the Mohali pitch been like recently? Don't think it will be that spin friendly.
Pretty sure I read somewhere that there have been specific instructions to play up the home advantage and to negate their strengths (their quicks). The comment was made when the selectors announced the squad and were answering questions about Jadeja's inclusion.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Vijay
Dhawan
Pujara
Kohli
Rahane
Saha
Jadeja
Ashwin
Mishra
Mohit/Bhuvi
Yadav

But obviously Rohit will be picked ahead of Pujara... Stings every time I think about it. And it's not like Che has been lighting up the Ranji either, a highest of 27 in 5 innings so far. Whereas Rohit gets the ODI glory.

harsh.ag

Jadeja definitely ahead of Binny for me if they go for the "all-rounder" option.

Would be okay with 6 batsmen too. Rohit at 5.

cnerd123

likes this
Yea we're probably gonna see that lineup, except Rahane at 3 and Rohit at 5. Ashwin probably at 7, Jaddu 8 and Mishra 9.

Bhuvi needs some rest, and some Ranji/Net sessions. Yadav likely to start but don't have much faith in him ATM. Would like to see a Mohit debut; he's a better long-form bowler than short-form anyways.

Pankaj deserves a recall. Sigh.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Dinda is worse than Agarkar. And by extension worse than Mohit, Yadav, Aaron or anyone else we can pick. And why is everyone so sure that Dhawan will be picked? I think there is a good chance that Pujara and Vijay will open with Nohit at 5 and Rahane at 3.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Vijay
Dhawan
Pujara
Kohli
Rahane
Saha
Jadeja
Ashwin
Mishra
Mohit/Bhuvi
Yadav

But obviously Rohit will be picked ahead of Pujara... Stings every time I think about it. And it's not like Che has been lighting up the Ranji either, a highest of 27 in 5 innings so far. Whereas Rohit gets the ODI glory.
Will be interesting to see if Saha batting @ # 6 works in this series or long term for IND depending on how they balance the team. Looks a # 7 at best.

harsh.ag

How India would kill for a Stokes. Seriously, stick Stokes in at 6, and it suddenly looks like quite a complete side.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Dhawan / Vijay / Pujara / Kohli / Rahane / Saha / Ashwin / Jadeja / Mishra / Bhuvi / Yadav

That'd be some line up. As much as I would love for Rohit to destroy Steyn, he doesn't deserve to be in the test team. Also from 6-10 that'd one hell of a lower middle order in Indian conditions especially.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Question to IND fans, I see a lot of discussion about B Kumar - you guys rate him ahead of Sami, Sharma, Aaron?

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Mohit is a poor man's Matt Henry. Slower, not as accurate and doesnt move it as much. But he's still pretty good given our options.
Apt as Henry seems to be going the way of the Promising Indian Pace Bowler at the moment. /Bahnz.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Ten Doeschate has been a myth for years. There has been precisely 0 overlap between his and De Kock's careers as serviceable cricketers. Especially RTD's bowling.
Yeah but the competition we're talking about here is Berhardien...

A myth is better than a complete shunt.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Question to IND fans, I see a lot of discussion about B Kumar - you guys rate him ahead of Sami, Sharma, Aaron?
Not above Ishant, he's well and truly our leader since start of 2014. Shammi's overrated as far as Im concerned, runs out of gas way to quickly for mine, Aaron is too raw, Umesh is a better bet in tests, in ODI's its more or less a toss up. Admittedly there is more competition for Indian test pacers atm, also in the SC you really only need 2 pacers, maybe 3 if the deck demands it. So essentially you have a case where it's Ishant>>Bhuvi>Shammi/Yadav>>Aaron.

smash84

The Tiger King
yeah Ishant the best of the lot for the Indians as of now.

Interestingly the time that he manages to do consistently well in tests, he gets himself banned.

smh