• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in England

Should Freddy be included in team for the second Test?

• Total voters

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
AND, there he's done it.

Told you that with the right handers would come Steyn's rise in this match.

pasag

RTDAS
Lol, just got back in and Strauss goes the second I turn on the TV.

Has it been SA bowling poorly or England playing well, more of the former than the latter I suspect after watching the first 10 overs.

What have the conditions been like?

Edit: And Foxtel now cuts out and the second goes!!! Dire.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Vaughan has got a really dodgy technique these days although that was a great delivery

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Lol, just got back in and Strauss goes the second I turn on the TV.

Has it been SA bowling poorly or England playing well, more of the former than the latter I suspect after watching the first 10 overs.

Edit: And Foxtel now cuts out and the second goes!!! Dire.
Slow pitch with only the odd one carrying through. The pitch is moist but not too lively and South Africa have bowled pretty wide but not poorly. Strauss and Cook battled hard.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member

Surprisingly little swing - at first, seems to be changing now. SA didn't bowl well but one suspects that might possibly just be about to change.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Great ball or Vaughan playing through leg?
Actually pretty much tried to hit that one with the full face but it wouldn't have mattered - you don't keep those out.

Certainly a superb ball - as myself and Manee have already said, virtually a spit of that infamous PE delivery 2-et-demi years ago.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
42.6 Steyn to Vaughan, OUT, what a ripper! Vaughan's a shaky starter and this did him in, pitching on a length, middle and off, straightening, and he plays all around it, losing his off stump

I'm guessing this is yet another of those deliveries which Vaughan made look good. Vaughan against any 90mph straight length delivery = useless. Brings his bat down late at an angle.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I don't know enough about batting to comment definitively, but he didn't go forward far enough and played for no swing, which was silly.
If you play for the amount of swing on that ball, you'll miss 99 balls out of 100.

And Morkel gets another.