• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in England

Should Freddy be included in team for the second Test?

• Total voters

chalky

International Debutant
How about the odd gift?

Collingwood not out when plumb, then this.

Bring back that deaf Pakistani umpire from 98.
Javed Akthar - makes Mark Benson & Russell Tiffin look like Dickie Bird & Simon Taufell.

Anyway he got his revenge on us in the world cup the following year giving Graham Thorpe out LBW to Srinath bowling around the wicket when it wouldn't have hit a 2nd set of stumps. Thorpe's dismissal cost us the game and any chance of progressing to the super 6 stage.

I thought Amla was dead on 1st viewing and when hawk eye says the ball is going to miss by 0.6cm you got to have some sympathy for the umpire.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Javed Akthar - makes Mark Benson & Russell Tiffin look like Dickie Bird & Simon Taufell.

Anyway he got his revenge on us in the world cup the following year giving Graham Thorpe out LBW to Srinath bowling around the wicket when it wouldn't have hit a 2nd set of stumps. Thorpe's dismissal cost us the game and any chance of progressing to the super 6 stage.

I thought Amla was dead on 1st viewing and when hawk eye says the ball is going to miss by 0.6cm you goy to have some sympathy for the umpire.
Yeah, looked out to me, but was a lucky decision in the end, one for England's choice of no referrals at last.

Top cricket at both ends here.

Napier16

Banned
I thought Amla was dead on 1st viewing and when hawk eye says the ball is going to miss by 0.6cm you goy to have some sympathy for the umpire.
Nope, completely the opposite for me. Didn't look right on first viewing.

Immediately had doubt about height.

And no sympathy, poor decision. And lack of consistency after Collingwood.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I thought Amla was dead on 1st viewing and when hawk eye says the ball is going to miss by 0.6cm you got to have some sympathy for the umpire.
Ones like this are given out regularly because the square leg umpire isn't utilised properly.

Heh another full toss lbw.

gio

U19 Cricketer
This could go two ways for the SAfricans. They either get a siege mentality and pull off a great win, or they get so caught up in the issue they get blown away.... It's going to be a very interesting day!

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
Yeah, looked out to me, but was a lucky decision in the end, one for England's choice of no referrals at last.

Top cricket at both ends here.
Referrals cant use the 'predictive' part of Hawkeye though. Given how close it was it would have probably still being given out.

chalky

International Debutant
I wonder why the England batsmen had no problem with Morkel who is taller than Flintoff yet the Saffies are doing Stevie Wonder impressions every time the ball is full?