• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official*** South Africa in England 2017

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
ENgland lions bowling one bowler short. Garton and Helm not really bowled enough to be part of three man seam attacks, and Crane not exactly a guy who is going to bowl 30 overs on a day one pitch. Jennings and Livingstone could be getting some bowling in. If the weather was a little better I might have popped along for a little while.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I can't see him playing next week to be honest as he's still taking fitness tests - would be a massive risk to pick him, Wood and Anderson as your 3 main seamers...
It would but given that 1. England's depth quicks are worrying with Ball and Woakes out and 2. the likely precence of Moeen and Stokes in the Top 6 means that I could see England taking the risk.

Marius

International Debutant
Guys, I still don't have my visa, so if you are inclined that way please ask your deity of choice to help me get it.

And if you're not inclined that way, please send me positive vibes.

SeamUp

International Coach
Kuhn continues to play brilliantly. Gotta be a first cap for him next week....
Hope he retired to give others a go?

CSA also confirming Faf is not a certainty to play first test.

To me that means he will definitely not play.

Marius

International Debutant
Everyone can stop panicking because I have just received notification that my passport is ready to be collected.

Of course, that doesn't mean I'll have a visa, but at least I'll know one way or another soon.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Pretty much means this team plays, except Philander, if fit, then he comes in for Morris. Faf does make it back, then it will be Faf in for de Bruyn.

Marius

International Debutant
Hope he retired to give others a go?

Normally that would be recorded as 'retired out' rather than 'retired hurt'.

Will be unlucky if he gets injured just before what would have been his debut.

But that would mean a debut for Markram.

Marius

International Debutant
ESPNCricinfo, and thus Moonda, (so take with a pinch of salt) is saying Faf is going to stay in SA for a bit because his wife had a difficult labour and wants to stay with Imari and the baby until they're settled.

SeamUp

International Coach
Normally that would be recorded as 'retired out' rather than 'retired hurt'.

Will be unlucky if he gets injured just before what would have been his debut.

But that would mean a debut for Markram.
He hit his last ball for 4 off Plunkett.

I wonder because it is officially FC , you cannot retire out.

Holding thumbs here.

ESPNCricinfo, and thus Moonda, (so take with a pinch of salt) is saying Faf is going to stay in SA for a bit because his wife had a difficult labour and wants to stay with Imari and the baby until they're settled.
That is fair enough and right decision.

Just wonder how much he really wants to play a test at Lord's. Such an opportunity.

Marius

International Debutant
That is fair enough and right decision.

Just wonder how much he really wants to play a test at Lord's. Such an opportunity.
I read playing a Test at Lord's is on his bucket list and is probably his last opportunity to do that. But he has to put his family first and I agree, he's making the right decision.