• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official*** South Africa in England 2017

Spark

Global Moderator
Kohli had a couple of shockers in the Pune test.
His first innings dismissal was pretty regulation rather than embarrassing, no?

There's something uniquely pitiful about being dismissed not using your bat in a sport where the whole point of the game is to use your bat.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Can I just not see it or is there now nowhere on that cricinfo summary page that tells you how many overs are left in the day?

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Can I just not see it or is there now nowhere on that cricinfo summary page that tells you how many overs are left in the day?
It's a bit of a mess but a few lines below where the current bowlers are displayed there's a line showing the current run rate, the minimum overs remaining and the last 10 over score.

91Jmay

International Coach
Roland-Jones seems to have that ability to almost get the ball to quicken off the pitch. Obviously not the case but promising signs

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Shane still banging on about how the declaration came too late, he's consistent you have to give him that.

anil1405

International Captain
Gilly wasn't his side best player. Qdk needs to be given a run at 4.
IMO he doesn't have the technique of a no.4 batsman (his first innings dismissal is an indication of that). His technique is more suited to bat at 6. Plus its also about the mindset. Coming in at 60/2 needing 492, you are expected to hang around and not lose your wicket (which isn't really his strength). The mindset at 60/4 would be more like "the game is pretty much out of the hands now let me play my natural game".

91Jmay

International Coach
Another wicket before close would be ideal. These two acquitting themselves well. Would love to nip out Elgar whose been excellent

Stefan9

International Debutant
IMO he doesn't have the technique of a no.4 batsman (his first innings dismissal is an indication of that). His technique is more suited to bat at 6. Plus its also about the mindset. Coming in at 60/2 needing 492, you are expected to hang around and not lose your wicket (which isn't really his strength). The mindset at 60/4 would be more like "the game is pretty much out of the hands now let me play my natural game".
Kp did fine at 4 by playing his natural game...
We have enough defensive players in this lineup to have an aggressive nr 4.

91Jmay

International Coach
One more before close and we can win it tomorrow morning. With these two in still SA can fight in final session.