• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** South Africa in Bangladesh

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Bangladesh need atleast 225 runs on the board.
I am surprised that bowlers have not bowled more short stuff on this wicket.With the ball sometimes staying very low and sometimes not the horizontal bat shots are most difficult and ducking a bouncer almost impossible.Specially a slower bouncer could be more useful.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Nah plenty of time left. HOpe Bangladesh can bat out until mid-day 4 and get a big lead.

Thats a massive amount of optimism there, but it would be great, wouldn't it?

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Imagine what kumble could have done on this wicket?If a spinner is accurate and has variations then this wicket is very useful.
The south africans are lacking a decent spinner.Botha has not turned the ball too muvh nor has he got variable bounce.
BTW,What happened to paul harris?

atisha_ro

U19 12th Man
Sure, I'd be happy for Bangladesh to bat all day tomorrow, but a more realistic projection would be 200-250 all out and then try to dismiss the Saffies for less than 300. I don't think they can stay at bat more than two sessions from now, there were some very close balls which would have sent them out.
Nice match all the way, the Test scene needed this excitement.

Last edited:

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Come on boys, all that heartbreak and anticlimax over the past five years can now be put to rest... I just hope Aftab keeps his head tomorrow morning. South Africa still favourites if we don't set them 250+ though.

It's so satisfying to see someone like Junaid Siddique, who I talked about after a couple of breakthrough performances for Rajshahi (a back-to-the-wall ton to save an NCL game) and DOHS (outshining Ashraful in a Twenty20 game), come good. The future is bright. But keep your heads.

Shahadat's wickets have come a bit out of the blue as well. Ditto Rafique's. Both have been a little ordinary of late.

Corli

U19 Cricketer
Imagine what kumble could have done on this wicket?If a spinner is accurate and has variations then this wicket is very useful.
The south africans are lacking a decent spinner.Botha has not turned the ball too muvh nor has he got variable bounce.
BTW,What happened to paul harris?
He is recovering from an operation on an abcess, I think he'll be out for about three weeks.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Strange game… South Africa for the best part of the first innings bowl like drains yet, Bangladesh are rolled out for less than 200 but here the likes of Morkel and Steyn are bowling absolutely beautifully and Bangladesh are sitting pretty on 120 odd for 4.
How Siddique did not get out to Morkel only Allah knows, the guy was playing and missing at least three times an over in a six over spell from Morne. Although, credit to him his still there, just.

Anything over 300 and Bangladesh should win if they bowl reasonably well but South Africa should still fancy taking out any total, they batted awfully in the first innings and considering it is only day three tomorrow, its not like the wicket is going to be extremely difficult to bat on, only big concern should be the indifferent bounce.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
That was really weird.. Unfortunate dismissal for AB :(
Not really, he didn’t know the rules and by the looks of it, neither did any of the South African coaching staff.

AB
“I wasn’t a hundred per cent sure and I wasn’t aware of the rules until Steve Bucknor explained it to me.
I must admit I thought I can’t get out to this ball. I actually moved back a bit in my crease to make sure it did bounce twice.
I was in control and I had batted really well. But I thought I was a bit unlucky, I’ve never seen anything like it before. I was hoping someone would call no-ball, I was waiting for someone to put their arm out. I think it’s a bit unfair that a bowler can get a wicket with a ball that bounces twice
.”

Err, no. It's unusual but not unfair.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Surely SA can't bat as badly 2nd time around, so I fancy them to chase down anything under 300. It's not as if they'll be batting on a Day 5 wicket, anyway.

Extraordinary figures by the Bang opening bowler though. As an Englishman, I can only be jealous.

luvaus

Cricket Spectator
I was watching NZ vs Eng. Suddently I saw the scores of this match........lolz
Wt is happening......I missed a lot, dont wanna miss rest of the match......it will rock!!

N, who is the guy Junaid Sidd? He looks world class!!

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
I was watching NZ vs Eng. Suddently I saw the scores of this match........lolz
Wt is happening......I missed a lot, dont wanna miss rest of the match......it will rock!!

N, who is the guy Junaid Sidd? He looks world class!!
Worst post. Dead set.

Protean

State Regular
Not really, he didn’t know the rules and by the looks of it, neither did any of the South African coaching staff.

AB
“I wasn’t a hundred per cent sure and I wasn’t aware of the rules until Steve Bucknor explained it to me.
I must admit I thought I can’t get out to this ball. I actually moved back a bit in my crease to make sure it did bounce twice.
I was in control and I had batted really well. But I thought I was a bit unlucky, I’ve never seen anything like it before. I was hoping someone would call no-ball, I was waiting for someone to put their arm out. I think it’s a bit unfair that a bowler can get a wicket with a ball that bounces twice
.”

Err, no. It's unusual but not unfair.
Yeah i didn't think it was unfair, more unfortunate that he didn't know, because it was a silly way to go out.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Yeah i didn't think it was unfair, more unfortunate that he didn't know, because it was a silly way to go out.
Thought everyone had watched AUS/NZ in the 2003 World Cup tbh.

C'mon Bangers. 250 with Shakib is on.