• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa In Australia

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Oh and well played Steyn and Duminy in particular. As I pointed out on here when Duminy got bounced out in Perth, I thought it was a dismal way to get out, but have to give him credit...he can bat it seems! (I only say seems because I'm relying on highlights on the news here in S.Korea and didn't see a lot of him...I'm sure he can.)

Steyn's done all that can be expected of him really, especially in Melbourne.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Was at the cricket today. Figured I'd go witness history, tickets were cheaper as well.

Australia were pretty bad. Haven't been that pitiful since... well day 3.

Saffie fans were out in full force. Best moments involved an "Amla" chant. He's a bit of a cult hero. What a gun.

Bees

U19 12th Man
Well, Harby has gone a bit too far I think: "I think they concentrate a lot on talking when others just concentrate on the game and do the basic right."

Son Of Coco

"Lets see what the selectors come up with for next week."

An interesting quote from Ponting...I wonder if he was having a slight dig?

pup11

International Coach
"Lets see what the selectors come up with for next week."

An interesting quote from Ponting...I wonder if he was having a slight dig?
Of course he was having a dig at the selectors and rightly so, as they don't have any consistency in their policies, they are virtually picking anyone and everyone, without any planning, the selectors have ended looking like bunch of fools with the way they have handled Casson, Krejza, Bollinger, Noffke, Symonds, Watson, etc..

Son Of Coco

Of course he was having a dig at the selectors and rightly so, as they don't have any consistency in their policies, they are virtually picking anyone and everyone, without any planning, the selectors have ended looking like bunch of fools with the way they have handled Casson, Krejza, Bollinger, Noffke, Symonds, Watson, etc..
I agree.

crickets

Cricket Spectator
south africa out played australia and deserved to win. they individually performed and played great together as a team, i wonder what strength they are capable of reaching.
many australian fans will deny this on account of many excuses such as bad umpires, bad pitch, injured players, bad luck, south africa cheating, the toss, bad bowlers letting the batters down, bad batters letting the bowlers down, slow out field, good luck going the way of south africans, media critism, the south african players sledged them better, the crowd support, bad weather, good weather, they wernt really trying anyway, the planets wernt aligned, food poisoning, the recession, religion and or anyone and anything because australians arnt good losers or good winners for that matter. which must make beating them only more enjoyable. australia have an extraodinary talent pool and not all as arogant or selfish as hayden symonds and ponting, if hayden plays the next test it will not be on merit the same goes symonds. phil hughes should be picked going on merit but will have to wait till he is thirty five years old sorry thats the law. ponting should lose captaincy as a result of two test series loses and taught some humility even if clarke does not seem experinced enough at least he can be told.

jondavluc

State Regular
many australian fans will deny this on account of many excuses such as bad umpires, bad pitch, injured players, bad luck, south africa cheating, the toss, bad bowlers letting the batters down, bad batters letting the bowlers down, slow out field, good luck going the way of south africans, media critism, the south african players sledged them better, the crowd support, bad weather, good weather, they wernt really trying anyway, the planets wernt aligned, food poisoning, the recession, religion and or anyone and anything because australians arnt good losers or good winners for that matter
That sounds more like some of the angry indian fans on cricinfo then aussie fans.Anyways why lump all of the "Aussie cricket fans" into one group.I'm happy for Rsa and know very well that Rsa were the better the team I don't need to make a excuse for their ****ty effort.

which must make beating them only more enjoyable. australia have an extraodinary talent pool and not all as arogant or selfish as hayden symonds and ponting, if hayden plays the next test it will not be on merit the same goes symonds. phil hughes should be picked going on merit but will have to wait till he is thirty five years old sorry thats the law. ponting should lose captaincy as a result of two test series loses and taught some humility even if clarke does not seem experinced enough at least he can be told.
pfffff Ricky's record speaks for itself why I'd admit he may not be that great of a captain he is the best for the job especially when Clarke isn't ready for it.

Crickets congrats you have made a ****ty comment to start your time here at the cricket web forums next time show a bit of class .

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Australia vs. South Africa don't have a test series trophy or cup do they?

A mate and I were thinking of names for one today.

"Warne-BunnyCullinan" Cup
"Waugh-Gibbs" Trophy
"Run Donald Run" for the ODIs as well.

Cronje's name could be dropped in as well.

Last edited:

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Congrats to SA. They were the better team quite comfortably. Australia has to look at herself again and let this slide be a minor one. I have a feeling that Australia in SA will be much better.

I was really impressed with Ricky. The tide was against him and he has more than his share of ill-wishers, yet he turned it around...and how.

susudear

Banned
That sounds more like some of the angry indian fans on cricinfo then aussie fans.Anyways why lump all of the "Aussie cricket fans" into one group.I'm happy for Rsa and know very well that Rsa were the better the team I don't need to make a excuse for their ****ty effort.

pfffff Ricky's record speaks for itself why I'd admit he may not be that great of a captain he is the best for the job especially when Clarke isn't ready for it.

Crickets congrats you have made a ****ty comment to start your time here at the cricket web forums next time show a bit of class .
True. I have not seen Ricky playing like this for a long time. The cuts, the drives and most importantly the Ricky-special pulls. I am wondering where did all these shots go hiding against India. Maybe it is the injury, maybe it's Sharma's pace, but Ricky at MCG was a real treat.

Son Of Coco

Australia vs. South Africa don't have a test series trophy or cup do they?

A mate and I were thinking of names for one today.

"Warne-BunnyCullinan" Cup
"Waugh-Gibbs" Trophy
"Run Donald Run" for the ODIs as well.

Cronje's name could be dropped in as well.
"There Ain't No Mountain High Enough Cronje Cup" :ph34r:

JBH001

International Regular
Congratulations to the South African team on a comprehensive and dominant performance. Comfortably better than Australia, especially at crucial moments in the series. Deserve to be called the no. 1 test side in the world. Hopefully they can kick on from here and get better and better.

Commiserations to the Australian fans. But its been a wonderful run and had to end sometime, and no shame in being outclassed by better opponents. I think, however, that Australia will be better in Sydney, and in South Africa too. I expect that return series to be more competitive than this one, and the perfect build up to the Ashes.