• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa In Australia

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Be surprised if he had the energy to breathe right now. Bowled a lot of overs.
Oops, just saw your post. Another reason I think Symonds/Clarke should have had a few overs earlier. You can't have Johnson and Lee bowl this many overs all the time.

pasag

RTDAS
Siddle and Krezja have been very disappointing and the SA batting has been very good BUT the WACA is an absolute road at the moment and has been since late on day 3.

God knows why the groundsman pumped water into the thing the day before the test - it's a much better cricket wicket when it's quick early and breaks up later on.

This wicket has been a bit two-paced for a while and now it's just flaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat
Yeah, the were interviewing Cam Sutherland, the groundsman, the other day and he was talking about how they made mistakes during the preparations and how he was fairly disappointed that the pitch wasn't a traditional WACA pitch (though when was the last time it was!?) and that they'll be doing everything they can to get it back for next year.

Still, full credit to SA's top order here, they've batted brilliantly and fully deserve the win. There's not much in it though, the standard of cricket shown over the past few days tells me there isn't much between the sides (though if SA bowlers pick up their game that may change big time).

masterblaster

International Captain
What Australia wouldn't want is the WACA to develop a reputation where overseas teams can come and win. India did it last year and South Africa should do it here. Two consecutive losses for Australia at the WACA. No longer is it a place where Australia dominate.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Fantastic temperament from Duminy. I love the way he's targeted the spinners once the target has got down to something sensible.

pup11

International Coach
Siddle and Krezja have been very disappointing and the SA batting has been very good BUT the WACA is an absolute road at the moment and has been since late on day 3.

God knows why the groundsman pumped water into the thing the day before the test - it's a much better cricket wicket when it's quick early and breaks up later on.

This wicket has been a bit two-paced for a while and now it's just flaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat
I agree with all you are saying, but the thing is selectors better stop using their instincts and start rewarding blokes with national call-up' who have been working their backsides off in domestic cricket with good success, likes of Noffke, Bollinger and Hilfenhaus all should have been ahead of Siddle in the pecking order for selection regardless of how highly selectors or Ponting might have rated him.

I think in Krejza' case there isn't much that can be done, because lack of spin options are a major handicap for the Aussies, and as expected despite Krejza trying to be attacking and giving the ball good air and everything he hasn't been able to extract much from an Aussie pitch, i think the major disappointment for Krejza though should be is that he has been outbowled by a spinner like Harris on the same deck, ideally playing a wrist spinner would be what Australia would want in such conditions, but there too McGain' injury and Casson' lack of any viable form, leaves Aussies short of any real options.

Due to overrate issues the possibility of playing with a four man pace attack aren't too high either, so its bit of tough call as to what the Aussies need to do from here, as the current attack looks pretty incapable of either stopping the flow of runs or picking wickets in unhelpful conditions.