• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa In Australia

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You are obviously too young to remember the tikitape parade they had for Border when he won the ashes in 1989.

If we had won the ashes for the first time in 20 years, there would have been an annual public holiday.
Old enough and the reason it was held was so that the Labor Party could deflect attention away from an economy in recession

Precambrian

Banned
Tait's speed graph is like a stock market bad day. I don't know how he can be the tearaway quick Australia would want him to be in test matches. Almost Shoiab Aktharish.

Flem274*

123/5
Tait's speed graph is like a stock market bad day. I don't know how he can be the tearaway quick Australia would want him to be in test matches. Almost Shoiab Aktharish.
Shaun Tait is just a poor bowler, it doesn't matter how quick he is. Australia already have two very good quick bowlers (Johnson, Lee).

pup11

International Coach
Mate, then that would mean one of the top guys have to move down. I don't think that sends out a positive image all the more because White has hardly done anything to preserve his ODI spot.
Why is Mike Hussey always the guy who needs to make all these adjustments, he was doing so ****ing well down at no.6, but everytime some adjustments need to be made Mike Hussey is looked at as Mr.Quick fix, he is not even in great form and constantly moving him from his usual slot isn't helpful either.

Ernest

U19 12th Man
Ricky Ponting aka Richie Richardson..

More than a little feeling that we've turned into the windies of 95'

Australia won a useless 20/20 series in a whole summer.. Huzzah!

Precambrian

Banned
Why is Mike Hussey always the guy who needs to make all these adjustments, he was doing so ****ing well down at no.6, but everytime some adjustments need to be made Mike Hussey is looked at as Mr.Quick fix, he is not even in great form and constantly moving him from his usual slot isn't helpful either.
I disagree.

Since 2008, Hussey has been prolific (even despite latest failure) at No.4, and No.5 even more than No.6.

I'd say let him remain at No.4. Chuck out Clarke, bring in Hodge. Australia's problem is mainly batting.

Last edited:

pup11

International Coach
Shaun Tait is just a poor bowler, it doesn't matter how quick he is. Australia already have two very good quick bowlers (Johnson, Lee).
Rather than calling Tait a poor bowler, i would say he is a bowler who depends heavily on rhythm, when his rhythm is good he can run through batting side in a jiffy, but when things aren't going right he can be really poor, but he is definitely a match-winner and should be in the ODI side whenever his body isn't troubling him.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
He came in with plenty of time left today though. Anyway, most young players coming into the side have to play a bit lower down the order to start with.
Yeah I guess, all he had to do was save his country from defeat in both the match and the series with all the pressure in the world on him. Plenty of time.