• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa In Australia

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Can (sadly) confirm he's wrecked SA a couple of times in Adelaide. That said, he did rip out the lower-order mainly.

It's funny, all the things people have said about him regarding why he's limited are pretty much what people said about McGrath.
It'll be interesting to see how he goes in SA and Eng on more helpful decks

I've a feeling that he'll prove to be a real handful with his pace and consistent line and length

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
I didn't know McKenzie and Boucher were such easy wickets to get. All jokes aside, it's more how he got those wickets. The tide was turning and no one had an answer as S.Africa was looking to whittle down our lead. Siddle's spell was important because he broke through and ended the S.African charge abruptly. After we pretty much threw everything at them bar Katich. You could see how much heart he was putting into it too.

Frankly, I love his action, I love that he's fast and better that he's so accurate. Will only get better IMO.

howardj

International Coach
It'll be interesting to see how he goes in SA and Eng on more helpful decks

I've a feeling that he'll prove to be a real handful with his pace and consistent line and length
Yeah, Johnson and Siddle could do a lot worse than sit down and have a thin latte with Pidgey before they head off on those tours. I'm sure the knowledge he would impart on how to extract the most out of those more helpful decks would be at least as valuable as anything Troy Cooley will relay to them over there on tour.

pup11

International Coach
I agree that its too early to say that Siddle has arrived just on the basis of his 5-for today, but there is a lot to like about Siddle' bowling, he is a very attacking bowler who is always attacking the batsmen and the stumps and making him play as many balls as possible, and for a young fast bowler his accuracy too is pretty commendable, but still there is a long way to go for him and i am sure with time he is going to learn more and he is only going to get better from here, so no doubt he is a very exciting prospect for Australia.

Bollinger is someone i am seriously disappointed with, i don't know what he was trying to do there, he was bowling a bit quicker than what he normally bowls in domestic cricket, but that all important swing wasn't there and neither was he able to reverse the ball, his lengths in general were poor, but i hope he does better in the second innings.

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Bollinger is someone i am seriously disappointed with, i don't know what he was trying to do there, he was bowling a bit quicker than what he normally bowls in domestic cricket, but that all important swing wasn't there and neither was he able to reverse the ball, his lengths in general were poor, but i hope he does better in the second innings.
Yeah, he didn't really look like he was trying 150 000% did he. :)

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
I don't know why people would expect Bollinger to bowl full and try and swing the ball when it isn't swinging. He dropped back his length because it was the sensible thing to do and bowled decently overall. Not brilliantly and not really worthy of the hype, but there was some promise there and he could easily have had a couple of wickets that ended up with other people instead.

social

I don't know why people would expect Bollinger to bowl full and try and swing the ball when it isn't swinging. He dropped back his length because it was the sensible thing to do and bowled decently overall. Not brilliantly and not really worthy of the hype, but there was some promise there and he could easily have had a couple of wickets that ended up with other people instead.
Shane Warne gave him a very big wrap

oldmancraigy

U19 12th Man
Shane Warne gave him a very big wrap
I thought he bowled really well too!!

Bollinger deserves a wicket in the 2nd innings --> it looked a little bit like he was getting frustrated in the first dig, and every now and then that led to him trying a bit too hard to get a wicket.

But overall he bowled a very consistent line and length to both left and right handers. He moved the ball a LITTLE bit in the air (in poor conditions for swing) and varied his pace nicely.

He looks like a wicket taking bowler - perhaps he needs to increase his length by half a meter, but apart from that it was one of the best 0-fer bowling performances I've seen!

I knocked Siddle at the WACA and for his 2nd dig in Melbourne bowling. And the difference between his bowling at the WACA and the SCG is 10 kph. When he bowls fast he looks menacing and aggressive. When he bowls that 134-136 speed (like at Perth and 2nd innings MElbourne) he looks pedestrian.
Let's hope he cranks up the pace in the 2nd dig to his 143-148 range!!

Pieface

Cricket Spectator
Siddles performance was admirable especially in a series which has been characterised by strong batting by the tail. Plus he made Boucher say a curse word which was amusing :laugh:

I thought Hauritz was unlucky not to take a wicket. Hopefully he will make a strong impact in the second innings with the wicket breaking up..

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Geez, Tony Greig having a real bitch about the deck. Booooooring.

Incidentally, I doubt the Saffies are looking forward to facing Johnson on this pitch.

Johnners

Can't imagine it would be fun facing Steyn either if he was able to really let 'em rip for a few overs and tries to exploit the cracks.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Geez, Tony Greig having a real bitch about the deck. Booooooring.

Incidentally, I doubt the Saffies are looking forward to facing Johnson on this pitch.
Well they've already won the series. Keeping their fingers intact is the order of the day now.