• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa In Australia

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I really feel for the guy, but at least he's got a stunning wife. That's gotta count for something.
+ a cute sister I hear. I like the guy tbh, seems like a good fella every time I've seen him interviewed. Shame if he lost his place after working so hard to ge tback into the team.

Demolition Man

State Vice-Captain
Fleming was a master too with a weak attack (when Bond was absent)..

Just imagine what Taylor could do even with this attack? Punter is just devoid of brain cells & imagination.. Taylor would have bowled Katich about 30 overs ago and he would have got the last 2 wickets
Fleming was of the taylor school, calm in a crisis, always trying new things and strong.

pup11

International Coach
I am given up hope of this partnership getting broken, they might just go on to bat for the rest of the day...

Bees

U19 12th Man
+ a cute sister I hear. I like the guy tbh, seems like a good fella every time I've seen him interviewed. Shame if he lost his place after working so hard to ge tback into the team.
Yeah, I've read an interview with him and I really enjoyed it. Love his superstitions, lol. If the Saffies win here, could Smith miss the third test and go get his operation, giving Neil two more chances?

Or is to not captain a team unless you absolutely can't a terrible insult to the opposition?

Edit: Only 15 minimum overs left. How long will that take? No extended time, methinx.

duffer

Or is to not captain a team unless you absolutely can't a terrible insult to the opposition?
Not really, if they do seal the series here it's just comon sense to go and give yourself the best chance of being 100% for the return Test matches later.

Ernest

U19 12th Man
Fleming was of the taylor school, calm in a crisis, always trying new things and strong.
I put Michael Vaughan in that school too.. shame he never got to captain out here..

But he was calm and good with the placings as well until South Africa rolled over him..

Bees

U19 12th Man
This match seems like it's going towards a dead-set draw. Surely you can't leave yourself one day to get Australia out - even a weaker one - and one day to chase down the resulting total?

Match will get exciting once Australia to get to the crease. Never count the batting line-up out.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Dire effort by Australia...

Hayden has to play well in the 2nd dig or be dropped and Watson has to play to give Aussie a genuine 5th bowler so that we could actually take 20 wkts...

Options:

(1) Hughes/Rogers for Hayden and Watson for Symonds
(2) Hussey to open with Symonds and Watson both playing (as no in-form middle order bats knocking at the door right now)

I go for option (1) as both Hughes and Rogers are in top form

masterblaster

International Captain
JP really does remind me of Gambhir a lot. Love the flow in his cover drives.
You're right. He actually reminds me a lot of Sourav Ganguly too. The same sort of style and technique about his off side play and he plays the spinners like Sourav used to. He's got a similar backlift to Sourav as well. He seems to be more compact though and is a better runner between wickets. But overall, he looks like a wonderful talent and he's played exceptionally well.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Fantastic innings by Duminy, loved every shot. Brilliant by South Africa, Ponting's Australia just have no answers (bar Siddle).

HeathDavisSpeed

Katman should be the next Aus captain.
Yeah. The Kat seems to have a pretty good cricket brain. If he was even 3 years younger, I'd give him a chance, but its pretty unlikely that selectors would choose him when (i) his remaining career span is likely to be short and (ii) he wasn't even a guaranteed selection six months ago.