• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa In Australia

Bees

U19 12th Man
LOL @ Tony Greig

"Ooh boy, he's got some admirers as well...

...there's a lot to be said about making runs"

Ernest

U19 12th Man
That cross-dresser who belted him all those years ago isn't your missus is s/he?

No my boyfriend :laugh:

Funnily enough I was in there that night a few hours before it happened.. looking back I would have loved to have seen his Tasmainian mug get a few dents in it

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ernest, this is Heath.
Heath, Ernest.
Aye, thank you ;)

Because Michael Clarke is a decent intelligent bloke and RP is a brain-dead big mouthed brawler
Not a fan of Allan Border or Steve Waugh then, I presume.

Personally, and I know this may upset some Aussies, but I think Clarke is one of the biggest ****s in world cricket. Comes across all matey-matey and then claims a catch which bounced a foot in front of him which he pushed down into the turf. And yes, I realise this was a while back now and a lot of water's passed under the bridge but that claimed catch is to me what a Pom's peppermints are to Burgey.

Ernest

U19 12th Man
Watching this bowling I am put in mind of a barracker from the 50's having a go at Freddy Browns (England Captains) medium pacers..

"Hey Freddy your bowling is just like a toilet seat.. straight up & down.. "

Demolition Man

State Vice-Captain
LOL @ Tony Greig

"Ooh boy, he's got some admirers as well...

...there's a lot to be said about making runs"
I actually saw those girls when I was out earlier today, thought they might be suddie WAG's

The one in the red top has enormous fake knockers, they were exploding.

Bees

U19 12th Man
Were they the WAGS? Thought I saw Saffie jerseys behind them, I was distracted, were they players?

Those two fours would've been painful.

Ernest

U19 12th Man
Aye, thank you ;)

Not a fan of Allan Border or Steve Waugh then, I presume.

Personally, and I know this may upset some Aussies, but I think Clarke is one of the biggest ****s in world cricket. Comes across all matey-matey and then claims a catch which bounced a foot in front of him which he pushed down into the turf. And yes, I realise this was a while back now and a lot of water's passed under the bridge but that claimed catch is to me what a Pom's peppermints are to Burgey.
Not really.. Taylor was the man for me..

And to be frank I'd rather have Beelzebub himself as captain of the Aussie team than Punter

HeathDavisSpeed

Me too. I was a big fan of Taylor, but Border was the right man at the right time. I'm not sure that Taylor would have dragged the Aussies back up to the top as quickly as Border did. Hypothetical though, of course. We can't be sure on that.

Demolition Man

State Vice-Captain

And to be frank I'd rather have Beelzebub himself as captain of the Aussie team than Punter
Tend to agree, taylor still the best capt I have seen, sure he had great bowlers but he was always trying something different and would know when to try something different, he was also the master of the bowling change.

duffer

Is Ashie going to be fit fr Sydney? If so, you'd imagine McKenzie would be ina spot of bother unless he does something in the second dig.

Ernest

U19 12th Man
Me too. I was a big fan of Taylor, but Border was the right man at the right time. I'm not sure that Taylor would have dragged the Aussies back up to the top as quickly as Border did. Hypothetical though, of course. We can't be sure on that.
Border had a rough ride so he shed some of the "hard but fair" Aussie way of playing cricket. Fair enough. But for Steve Waugh to rub it in when he had the best attack in world cricket and then Punter sucking up like a pig in mud gloating in that legacy just started to feel very UN Australian. We don't really go for gloaters.

Demolition Man

State Vice-Captain
If it is true and ponting wanted symonds ahead of watson, then well the blood is on pontings hands.

Watching this is making me sick.

Ernest

U19 12th Man
Tend to agree, taylor still the best capt I have seen, sure he had great bowlers but he was always trying something different and would know when to try something different, he was also the master of the bowling change.
Fleming was a master too with a weak attack (when Bond was absent)..

Just imagine what Taylor could do even with this attack? Punter is just devoid of brain cells & imagination.. Taylor would have bowled Katich about 30 overs ago and he would have got the last 2 wickets

Bees

U19 12th Man
Is Ashie going to be fit fr Sydney? If so, you'd imagine McKenzie would be ina spot of bother unless he does something in the second dig.
McKenzie is in big trouble. Prince is in great form, Duminy is stellar... I don't really see how McKenzie could get in the squad unless someone got injured?

What's he done, so far? 2, 10, 0. Not pretty, and the drop can't help things either.

I really feel for the guy, but at least he's got a stunning wife. That's gotta count for something.