• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa In Australia

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
So realistic expectations for Boxing Day...

Hilfenhaus and Hauritz in for Siddle and Krezja? I'd be surprised if they retained Siddle, and can't see them making any other changes, so that seems likely to be about it.

I guess Watson in and Hauritz out is vaguely plausible but I just can't see them not picking a spinner other than Symonds/Clarke.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Maybe Watson for Siddle? But can't really see them thinking Wattato, awesome as he is, is the solution to taking 20 wickets... But little would surprise me now.

Can't see them publicly shafting Krejza like that and putting Hauritz in the squad, without playing him.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Maybe Watson for Siddle? But can't really see them thinking Wattato, awesome as he is, is the solution to taking 20 wickets... But little would surprise me now.

Can't see them publicly shafting Krejza like that and putting Hauritz in the squad, without playing him.
Watson for Siddle would be appropriately ******** actually.

I could maybe see Watson coming in for Symonds to help shore up the bowling too, but the most likely scenario is still Hilf and Hauritz in.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
On the subject of Krejza, did anyone else find what the selectors have done to him objectionable in the extreme?

They select a bloke with a first class average of 50, on the basis that he will be an attacking bowler, then after he surprises everyone with 12 wickets in a match come out and say "****, we're geniuses after all", only to turn around and drop him immediately and publicly label his efforts as unacceptable, after one more match in which he didn't produce the results they hoped. Either he's a project player that they feel can play a role, and who will provide an upside in the form of occasional bags to justify his regular averageness, or else he isn't, but in that case why select him.

Do they honestly think Hauritz will be any better?

Selectors proving here that when it comes to decisions more complicated than: "Is Warne available, or do we have to pick MacGill?" they have absolutely no ****ing idea.

Krejza can join Casson on the pile of admittedly average spinners who's future career have probably been ****ed over by the Australian selectors, although the way the merry-go-round is going at the moment, they should probably start packing for the Ashes now, as it will be their turn to be flavour of the week again in another six months time. :@

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Watson for Siddle would be appropriately ******** actually.

I could maybe see Watson coming in for Symonds to help shore up the bowling too, but the most likely scenario is still Hilf and Hauritz in.
Symonds is apparently in the team for life, apart from matches he shows up too drunk to play in, and tours he opts to skip in favour of fishing.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
If Watto isn't going to play, what's the point dragging him around. Surely they should let him go and play for Qld and get ready for the one-dayers.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He's only going to miss out on a Twenty20 game. Would have made more sense to release him for the just finished debacle, otherwise known as a Shield Game.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
At least a 20/20 is a game (at which he's particularily good at). Worst thing for him right now is for him to not play any cricket for a month and lose all the form he's had in recent times.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
I respect them a bit more - I thought they were a good team before, but they played very well in this match. Certainly I have more respect for Smith's ability after watching most of his 2nd innings dig - thought he deserved MoM actually. In AB de Villiers and Duminy you seem to have a good basis for a middle order for years to come as well.