• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa In Australia

pup11

International Coach
Out of the squad chosen, I'd go

Katich
Hayden
Ponting
Hussey
Watson
Symonds
Haddin
Johnson
Lee
Hauritz
Hilfenhaus

Not happy with the Australia's attitude to batting and Clarke for mine has been particularly reckless. Would make an example of him and tell the rest of them to get their heads screwed on.
So you would drop arguably Australia' most consistent batsmen this summer just because he was reckless (and btw who wasn't) in favour of Watto who really hasn't done much with the bat.

For me Hilfenhaus and Hauritz should come in place of Siddle and Krejza.

inbox24

International Debutant
I say play to your strengths, if spinners are dire, then turn (lol get it) to quicks.

Katich
Hughes
Ponting
Hussey
Clarke
Symonds
Haddin
Lee
Johnson
Bollinger
Hilfenhaus

pup11

International Coach
Since everyone is coming up their XI this would be my team
1.Hughes
2.Katman (C)
3.Punter
4.Jesus
5.Clarke
6.M.North
7.Hadds (wk)
8.Binger
9.Johnners
10.Hilfy
11.McGain
12.Bolly

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
For me, I'd keep Krejza given everyone else is equally dire, but they've already said that they won't.

Hayden (he's needs a score, but has got some shocking decisions of late, making it impossible to see whether he's snapping out of it or not)
Katich
Ponting
Hussey
Clarke
Symonds
Haddin
Lee
Krejza
Johnson
Hilfenhaus

Lee bowled with no luck I thought - on another day, he could well have got three or four wickets with some of his spells. Krejza was ****, but I think we need a spinner and at least he has some upside in that occasionally his ****-ness will produce a wicket or two, unlike the alternatives. Sids hasn't done enough, and Hilfy deserves a go now. Hate to consign Watto to 12th man again, but Symonds did enough with the bat in this match to earn his spot, but he'd want to be bowled a bit more by Ponting - he's got form for taking wickets in Melbourne.

Hoping Hayden announces his retirement soon - time to go while your legacy is still intact IMO, but he doesn't deserve to be dropped at the moment.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Katich
Marsh
Ponting
Mike Hussey
Watson
Dave Hussey
Haddin
Heal
Johnson
Lee
Bracken
Just found out Bracken averages 25 in FC cricket. Lower than Stuart Clark, Peter Siddle, Brett Lee, Mitchell Johnson, Ben Hilfenhaus and Doug Bollinger. Where does all the "can't play longer-form cricket" come from?

susudear

Banned
You forget

When Kallis and de Viliiers were batting late day 4 they were no more than about 30 each at the most (CBF looking it up).

Imagine that - two relatively new batsmen, a couple of quick wickets just taken. "Tell you what boys, we're not going for another wicket, we're going 8:1 for containment. Oh look, there's the cricket media feeding on my entrails as I speak".

Please become Indian captain soon. Please.
He won that test.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just found out Bracken averages 25 in FC cricket. Lower than Stuart Clark, Peter Siddle, Brett Lee, Mitchell Johnson, Ben Hilfenhaus and Doug Bollinger. Where does all the "can't play longer-form cricket" come from?

Mainly this match I think

susudear

Banned
New bolwers

Bollinger is excellent, better selection than axeman.

Hilfenhos is major faecepalm. Bracken will be cussing swearing. Poor bloke.

pasag

RTDAS
It's unfounded rubbish.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Teh haters.

Glad to see you understand my drift. :)

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
RE: Bracken's exclusion: think its his hair tbh - someone with that hair doesn't belong in the Australian test team. Give me the McGrath short back and sides, the Siddle closely cropped boofhead do, or hell even a proper mullet rather than that lassie-dog do Bracks sports.