• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Signup Announcements/Introductions

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You've both signed up, signed in, everything and the other. Just hang around patiently until the season. It starts later this month.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Again. There will be no 6th CW team this season. It will be reviewed after the season, when activity is assessed. It's still likely that many of the rookies will go inactive this season.
Then why do we have the thread in CC?

Recruitment drives when players are needed = Genius

Recruitment drives when already over subscribed = Far from genius

It makes no sense.

With 5 teams we cant curently accomodate all players and people that are not playing tend to go inactive. But we dont have enough for 6 teams.

So why bring in more people that will not get a game in Dev League? Very strange.

Either the recruitment of more players should have been delayed until next season or a 6th team should be added.

Mr Mxyzptlk

It makes perfect sense to see if these players remain active. No point in jumping the gun, bringing in a 6th team, then struggling for players down the stretch in the season. Based on player sign ins so far, there's an average of 17 players for 5 teams. Pretty common sense to wait-and-see in this situation IMO.

David

International 12th Man
Agreeing with Liam here, we're hardly over subscribed.. I think a sixth team implemented now would be a failure.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
We're obviously oversubscribed for real life but this isn't real life. I don't have time to bother but if I proper study was done on inactivity relating to gametime I'm sure it'd be plainly obvious which new signups stay and which go.

A 6th team should be implemented for this season AFAIC and my team is the one that will be hit hardest ffs.

Last edited:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Hello everybody. I signed up today. Before anyone asks how I can be both a wicket keeper and a right arm medium pacer, let me clarify that I have kept wickets at grade level and also bowled my medium paced (Mohinder Amarnath pace) in-swingers both at Grade level and for my college at University level.

I suppose today, at my age, I cant bowl anymore (the shoulder is gone from twenty years of in-swing bowling), and will be less than the 'greased lightening' at cover point, I like to believe I was when younger, so I would prefer to keep wickets if I can. :)

David

International 12th Man
We're hardly oversubscribed for real life but this isn't real life. I don't have time to bother but if I proper study was done on inactivity relating to gametime I'm sure it'd be plainly obvious which new signups stay and which go.

A 6th team should be implemented for this season AFAIC and my team is the one that will be hit hardest ffs.
Undoubtedly, but it's never been easy to get into a team, and never should imo. Hopefully the re-implementation of Grade should help us here, everyone gets game time.

SJS, I'd suggest your simulation character would be a 17 year old.

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

There will be no 6th team in Season XIV. And I think the logic for that is pretty obvious and reasonable.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Forum Name: SJS
Name: Swaranjeet J. Singh
Opener RHB/RM
Bat: 35.00
SR: 50
Bowl: 33.00 [adjusted]
Econ: 3.50
Field: 21

Welcome to the legendary SJS.

Mr Mxyzptlk