• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Semi-Final #2- South Africa vs Australia - November 16th - Eden Gardens, Kolkata (D/N)

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Just so everyone knows, you can **** all over Bavuma's captaincy or batting or what have you all you like but if you start bringing his race into it with quota talk, instant light offensive. Not the time or the place and it's just beyond crass.
I don't have a stance on the quote stuff either way, but feel like if you where going to choose a player to be the figurehead of why it's bad, you would choose a player, who you know, is actually a benefactor of the system, and not SA's best bat across ODI and tests lol.

TimAngas

State Vice-Captain
Well glad we got through. The mess we made of this basically confirms we are no chance of surviving Jadeja and Kuldeep at Ahmedabad though, let alone god-mode Shami. The spin-playing hysteria we are in hasn't diminished since the Nagpur test earlier this year. Only hope is to blow out the top order like we did today... just as Rohit and Kohli are simultaneously hitting long awaited late-career peaks.

Goodbye QdK. A most formidable opponent lost to international cricket too soon.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well that was much tougher than I expected, especially at 0/60. Great effort from the Saffer spinners and Miller. Australia really didn't bat well after Head got out, though I guess the lower-order deserves credit for not losing their head late.

I can't say I'm terribly optimistic about our chances against India, but hey only the performance on the day matters.

King Kane

International Debutant
A few games too many for Jansen in this tournament, he has gone from looking like a world beater to looking beaten.

Australia through to another WC final, hopefully India smash them to get some revenge for the 2003 WC final.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There it is. The greatest cricketing and sporting nation on earth into an inevitable final with an inevitable 6th title coming home on Sunday.

Our tail has been superb at grinding out tough runs this year across the formats.

loterry1994

International Debutant
Well that was much tougher than I expected, especially at 0/60. Great effort from the Saffer spinners and Miller. Australia really didn't bat well after Head got out, though I guess the lower-order deserves credit for not losing their head late.

I can't say I'm terribly optimistic about our chances against India, but hey only the performance on the day matters.
It’s a new game now anything can happen lots of players in form for both sides

loterry1994

International Debutant
Bavumas captaincy didn’t lose this. South Africa’s top order weren’t brave enough up front. The bowlers made a good effort out of it after the poor start. Defending like 210 is always a tough ask in any pitch

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Just realized this is de kock's last game for SA in ODI's. Terrible way to go, lol. Cost his team a semi final.