• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Semi-Final #1- India vs New Zealand - November 15th - Wankhede, Mumbai (D/N)

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year
It's not as hard to get numbers like that as it may seem given it's impossible to score more than a few more runs batting second.

A team could chase a score 3 wickets down in 20 overs but only score one more run.
That's true, but that hasn't been the case in this instance.

Flem274*

123/5
Decline of Boult is exaggerated. Hes a better bowler if anything. Not his fault the ball aint swinging
Can't agree sorry. He's noticeably looser than in 2019 and ofc doesn't have the zip of 2015. I judge whether a bowler has declined by watching their control and how 'zippy' they are, for lack of a better term.

It's to be expected when you go part time at this level tbf, but that's the risk we took with his selection. That and he's one of our best ever and best available right now.

thundaboult

International Debutant
Yeah he's 34, ofc he lost pace. Wasn't exactly express to begin with but still bowling mid 130's. He's ok. Agreed with above, much better as a death bowler now and has been for a number of years tbh. Boult being bad at end overs was what, like 2015 to 2018?

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
The team is as good as ever on paper (we sort of fluked our way into an improved batting line-up) but the seam bowling has been significantly worse simply because the same group of guys haven't bowled as well (and then Henry got injured). Could be because they're all old, could be they're out of form. Either way, I don't agree with just shoulder shrugging getting absolutely pumped and saying "well, the pitch was flat". Gud bowlers can still bowl gud.

The optimist in me (not sure how he got in there) says it's still entirely conceivable that Boult, Southee/Jamieson, Ferguson and Santner can pull finger and git gud for 2 games.

thierry henry

International Coach
Not sure Boult has really lost much pace, it's more that his pace seems to have fluctuated a fair bit for the last 4 or 5 years now. I distinctly recall that he was way down on pace in Australia in 2019/20 for example, but then bounced back and has bowled 140s in the years after that. Even last night he ramped a couple up over 140.

I don't agree that he's a better bowler now, and he has been a touch loose at times, but I do agree that he has a few more tricks now with the older ball and at the death (knuckleball, cutters, bouncers or back of a length as a defensive option, sliding the ball across the right hander when it's not swinging...maybe better execution of the yorker too).

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wait, are our Kiwi brethren actually accepting they're in the semi finals and not pearl clutching at the 0.000000001% chance Pakistan might beat them by 550 runs or whatever and leapfrog them? This is indeed a red letter day for cricketweb.net/forums

thierry henry

International Coach
Nah bro I'm pearl clutching hard. Fakhar is going to make 250, Pakistan make 400. England get to 110/9 with Stokes heroically guiding them towards the score we need, but when he hits the 4 that takes them over the line he runs over and king hits Babar before the ball hits the rope. Stokes receives first international cricket red card, runs rescinded, Pakistan through to the semis, Stokes tells the Calcutta High Court that he was defending himself because Babar had advanced threateningly and called him a ranga, avoids well-deserved 6 x 8 cell in Alipore Gaol.

Flem274*

123/5
My thoughts on the mental block are known but if we get the opportunity to flop in the final it will be because we ruined Indias golden run which in itself is both an achievement and very funny.

RossTaylorsBox

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wait, are our Kiwi brethren actually accepting they're in the semi finals and not pearl clutching at the 0.000000001% chance Pakistan might beat them by 550 runs or whatever and leapfrog them? This is indeed a red letter day for cricketweb.net/forums
Have you seen the England team though

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
My thoughts on the mental block are known but if we get the opportunity to flop in the final it will be because we ruined Indias golden run which in itself is both an achievement and very funny.
It'll be hilarious.

The sweet, sweet taste of 1.4 billion tears, plus the massive boost to the effigy industry will be sublime.