• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test (Lord's, London) 28 June–2 July

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Lol punter, without those “few little moments of spice”, England would’ve been bowled out for 247 and nobody would remember this game for anything but the short ball weirdness.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
First ball at the stumps does it.

Dominant really, lost their most important bowler, sent in on day one in bad batting conditions, bowled in good batting conditions and still won without Lyon.

4-0 well on track now. Would bring in Boland for Haze, and possibly Ness for Starc depending on how he pulls up. Great effort Stokes to get England as close as he did when they were basically bent over for four days.

Coronis

International Coach
Athers 100% right about Australia’s first innings and the England collapse in the first innings. You just know everyone will whinge about the Bairstow dismissal though.

morgieb

I seriously hope now England are down 2-0 they actually produce wickets that do something. The short ball tactic only became a thing because pitching it up was cannon fodder (well it was for Australia).

Spark

Global Moderator
I seriously hope now England are down 2-0 they actually produce wickets that do something. The short ball tactic only became a thing because pitching it up was cannon fodder (well it was for Australia).
It was for both sides - it's not like England had any success bowling normally either. Smith and Khawaja looked very very comfortable before they went to the short balls.

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
First ball at the stumps does it.

Dominant really, lost their most important bowler, sent in on day one in bad batting conditions, bowled in good batting conditions and still won without Lyon.

4-0 well on track now. Would bring in Boland for Haze, and possibly Ness for Starc depending on how he pulls up. Great effort Stokes to get England as close as he did when they were basically bent over for four days.
Only 4? Why so bearish burgey

kevinw

International 12th Man
If it wasn't for the fact that Anderson desperately needs a rest, I'd drop Robinson for his mouth and his appalling attitude when batting. The other three bowlers were willing to protect their wickets and get hit. He took the coward's way out.

morgieb

It was for both sides - it's not like England had any success bowling normally either. Smith and Khawaja looked very very comfortable before they went to the short balls.
Yeah I felt like it was England's Plan C too, but wasn't as sure there as I was for us.

TheJediBrah

Hopefully Aus shake up the bowling for next game. This was very ordinary and short turnaround could facilitate it. Neser and Boland to come in, don't particularly care who for.